• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A couple of questions for my new(used) XJ

My 2000 has a light in the dash that lights up a "hatch open icon" even if it's just not latched securely.

what year did this dash light hatch open icon start?

I've heard that the light on the dash was a new item for 98 but I'm not too sure about that. The other thing I was thinking....could my rear light be different because I have the limited model with the overhead console and full map lighting???

I've heard that the light on the dash was a new item for 98 but I'm not too sure about that. The other thing I was thinking....could my rear light be different because I have the limited model with the overhead console and full map lighting???

well it deffinately adds to the list of possible problems.

I have a 98, with the dash hatch open light. The rear light doesn't have a black switch, the fixture pushes up and clicks to be on or off with the hatch opening, there is a sensor in the auto lock rear hatch that gets rusty/dirty. Hope this helps.

I have a 98, with the dash hatch open light. The rear light doesn't have a black switch, the fixture pushes up and clicks to be on or off with the hatch opening, there is a sensor in the auto lock rear hatch that gets rusty/dirty. Hope this helps.

i see. well looks like it changed from the 97 model.

Back