• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C too cold?

I don't think pointing out to people that they aren't communicating to everyone is being "catty". The last time I looked up "you" in the dictionary, it wasn't spelled "U"; and "because" wasn't spelled "cuz". When I read a text filled with shorthand, of any kind, I skip over it--I don't want to spend time translating. You want me to spend my time understanding YOUR problem, use correct English and spelling to ask it.

waxer said:
Wow, you must have had somebody else type this in for you. :)

When you grow up some more and get out into the real world of jobs, office politics, etc.. you will soon find that if you express yourself like that amongst your coworkers that you will give the wrong impression that you are ignorant.

When you fill out a job application (assuming you are not in college and have already hunted for jobs, etc) do you use that text messaging short hand as well?

I've seen it a few times and those are the applications that go into the "call them back later IF we can't find anyone else pile", simply because of the first impression given.

Was I being a smart ass? Sure... Was it to do you harm? No. I actually was trying to show you how it can get you negative attention in places where it might harm you financially (not getting a job simply based on the hiring manager not liking the text messaging style of writing).

Take it for what it's worth.

Later

Ok you little ignorant prick. I am in college at Georgia Southern Univerersity where I am a business major thank you very much. I have never filled out a job application using short hand I know how to give a proper first impression. I would not use short hand in a professional business environment. I use it when I am on the internet and conversing with friends. Now please shut the f**k up and let people who really want to talk about jeeps and that don't pick at how a person chooses to type on an internet forum because they are a bored, arrogant a**hole, talk and leave your smart a** comments somewhere else. Thank you

xjbubba said:
I don't think pointing out to people that they aren't communicating to everyone is being "catty". The last time I looked up "you" in the dictionary, it wasn't spelled "U"; and "because" wasn't spelled "cuz". When I read a text filled with shorthand, of any kind, I Skipp over it--I don't want to spend time translating. You want me to spend time understanding YOUR problem, use correct English ans spelling to ask it.

WHO CARES IF YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT I F**KING WROTE. SERIOUSLY IS IT REALLY GOING TO CAUSE SUCH A RIFT IN YOUR INSIGNIFICANT LITTLE LIFE THAT YOU HAVE TO MAKE A SNIDE COMMENT. IF YOU DONT LIKE HOW I WRITE THEN DON'T RESPOND LIKE YOU JUST SAID YOU APPARENTLY DON'T DO. Oh I am sorry I wrote in all caps hope its not too far past you to be able to understand. Now please if you don't have something to say that pertains to what I asked then don't leave a response. This forum is for jeepers who want to talk jeeps. Thank you

Last edited:
Someone won't be getting much help .

Probably need some of this :

Thread-Crap-Lock.jpg

Very true, now he'd be best off taking it to a shop. Usually that's the best thing to do anyhow, if you don't have any idea about an AC system. :repair: I know I'm not going to bother anymore trying to help him.

Ben824 said:
Ok you little ignorant prick. I am in college at Georgia Southern Univerersity where I am a business major thank you very much. I have never filled out a job application using short hand I know how to give a proper first impression. I would not use short hand in a professional business environment. I use it when I am on the internet and conversing with friends. Now please shut the f**k up and let people who really want to talk about jeeps and that don't pick at how a person chooses to type on an internet forum because they are a bored, arrogant a**hole, talk and leave your smart a** comments somewhere else. Thank you

WHO CARES IF YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT I F**KING WROTE. SERIOUSLY IS IT REALLY GOING TO CAUSE SUCH A RIFT IN YOUR INSIGNIFICANT LITTLE LIFE THAT YOU HAVE TO MAKE A SNIDE COMMENT. IF YOU DONT LIKE HOW I WRITE THEN DON'T RESPOND LIKE YOU JUST SAID YOU APPARENTLY DON'T DO. Oh I am sorry I wrote in all caps hope its not too far past you to be able to understand. Now please if you don't have something to say that pertains to what I asked then don't leave a response. This forum is for jeepers who want to talk jeeps. Thank you

I sure hope you check your academic writing more carefully than you do this stuff.

Ben, not to belabor the point, but if your intention is to get courteous, competent help from a number of people, it should be your primary object to make your posts easy for them to read, not easy for you to type. Of course we can read text message junk and capital letters, but why should we bother?

And if you really want to expatiate on what this forum is for, perhaps you should join NAXJA!

Matthew Currie said:
I sure hope you check your academic writing more carefully than you do this stuff.

Ben, not to belabor the point, but if your intention is to get courteous, competent help from a number of people, it should be your primary object to make your posts easy for them to read, not easy for you to type. Of course we can read text message junk and capital letters, but why should we bother?

And if you really want to expatiate on what this forum is for, perhaps you should join NAXJA!

See now the differeance between what you had to say about my typing and what they said is that yours was polite and courtious compared to what they said which was just complaining and belittling (hope I spelled that right). Also I would like to join except I am a broke college student and can't afford much so I had to go the free route but thats just for now I will join eventually.

Last edited:
Back