• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A 17 year olds garage built rear bumper!

Bumper looks great,but I dont know about that latch!

102_0457.jpg
this is how i tied in the tow hooks.

did you paint inside the spokes of your wheels black?
wish i had done that when i had those wheels, would have been cheaper than the 75$ i paid for the grizzlys i am running now.

looks good
nice bumper too!

Next thing you know, he'll be selling bumpers as a vendor. I like the overall design. Wish I had half the tools, materials, and help.

this is my first post and the first thing i really felt like voicing my opinion on, i love this site, everyone seems nice no bashing or trash talking, i have to say that seeing this made my night!!
it is sooo great to see "youngins" (i am only 23) being creative and active, fabing stuff like this up! you sir, are part of a dieing breed!
great way to spend your break, awesome work! awesome job! now...lets see a front bumper!! haha!

I'd agree with most of the previous comments. Big tires with big weight when going over big bumps make spaghetti of anything not strong enough. I see where you were trying to go with it though. Strengthen the tire carrier and make that latch stronger, and I'd buy one. I think the tie-in under the tailights and into the body shape is freakin' awesome along with the recessed swingarm.

what is the black bracket over the liscense plate area? i assumed (at first) that it was some sort of upper brace for the tire carrier and questioned its strength with the fiberglass hatch... but couldnt figure it out. then i noticed its gone...

what is the black bracket over the liscense plate area? i assumed (at first) that it was some sort of upper brace for the tire carrier and questioned its strength with the fiberglass hatch... but couldnt figure it out. then i noticed its gone...

That's the latch mount for the factory carrier.

did you paint inside the spokes of your wheels black?
wish i had done that when i had those wheels, would have been cheaper than the 75$ i paid for the grizzlys i am running now.

looks good
nice bumper too!

X2 - love the black accents on the factory 5-spokes. Am I right that you blacked out the inside of the lugnut holes too?

Nice build!!!
I like the design.
My question is: How do you think those tow points will hold up.
From the pics they don't appear to be very thick.
Stukboy

Great design. I like how it almost looks stock and blends in to the body and taillights perfectly. I'm 18 doin shit kids have never dreamed of also and you impressed me big time.

this is my first post and the first thing i really felt like voicing my opinion on, i love this site, everyone seems nice no bashing or trash talking, i have to say that seeing this made my night!!
it is sooo great to see "youngins" (i am only 23) being creative and active, fabing stuff like this up! you sir, are part of a dieing breed!
great way to spend your break, awesome work! awesome job! now...lets see a front bumper!! haha!

I did the front bumper first.
DSC00789.jpg

Back