• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99xj Re4.5 lift

ebyrd10000

NAXJA Forum User
i have 99xj with a Re4.5 super flex kit with 3.55 gears 31/10.50/15 tires on d window backspace 4.5" i would like to go 33/12.50/15 tires can i do this without cutting ?I will cut at a later date and change gears but i would like to run the tires now>or would i be better off running 32/11.50.15 tires.

I'm currently running RE4.5 coils in front with a spacer and OME pack with extra leafs in the rear, sitting at just over a 5" lift. I've got 33" tyres and have done very limited trimming. The other day we went wheeling and I disconnected the swaybar, but soon realised that it wasn't such a good thing. In short, you can wheel it with a nice lift and 33" tyres, but you can't disconnect the swaybar unless you do substantial trimming...oh, and I'm running 3" bumpstops - thought that would enough to keep the tyres off the fenders, but trimming is the only way out.

when you say very little trimming what do you mean just trim the fender flares or actual cutting of the metal i plan to cut it but just not now

they mean cutting metal

Thanks for the info guys nice to Know i can get good feedback looks like i will gothe 33 route bumpstop it a bit and not wheel hard until i can cut it Just a little nervous on the cutting thing

Back