• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ Sport Build - Expedition Hunting

Well i got everything mounted up and bolted in. A few headaches along the way. As always, fighting the rear axle u-bolts to line up. THe rotors the gut gave me did not fit and were to deep, so they ground against the knuckle. had to swap those out with my old rotors. Stripped out the caliper slide bolts...get to replace a knuckle. I have the cav-fab 3-link coming, but in the meantime i am still running short arms that are a hair to short. getting those lined up by yourself requires some redneck engineering. I have decided i am going to put some dead head bolts and d rings into my garage floor to hook a come-along to just for alining axles. Took her for a test drive....lots of vibrations above 65mph, but my driveline and pinion angles are the same. I think the gears need to be reset. i have a thud thud thud from the rear end below like 20mph, so im thinking something is off. I can feel the lunchbox locker in the front, with the vibes and on turns, but otherwise its not bad. the 8.8 lim slip works great. with 4.56 gears and 32" tires, i am turning 2950 rpms at 75 mph. I bit high, but 35's will come in the future. Heres to hoping second hand axles dont blow up:cheers:

I've always had a lot of luck with second hand stuff, I'm sure you'll be fine! :D

Sweet build so far!!

Back