• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 XJ, 6" RE lift, OMEs, 33s - Willing to deliver anywhere for $6300

McFly

NAXJA Forum User
Hi folks,

I've realized only now that I need to sell my "Money Pit". Being a college student, I have a lot more important things to do with my money than spending every last dime on my Jeep. I had some Doctors bills creep up on me, and to continue school in the Fall semester, I need to pay off my Tuition bill.

Here is my Jeep:

MVC-031S.JPG

She's a '99 XJ "Classic". 4.0L, 126,000 miles and running strong, Auto, NP231, A/C, CD player, factory tinted windows, and a salvage title. Yes, SALVAGE TITLE. I "wrecked" my Jeep back in the first week of December, by hitting a street sign which ended up damaging the roof slightly. The front bumper/grille have since been replaced (and upgraded I might add), the windshield is brand new, and there's only minor cosmetic damage to the roof. The reason it's a salvage title is because the insurance company would have to spend something like $3,000 to fix the roof back to perfect shape, which would mean removing this roof, putting a brand new one on, etc. which adds up quick. Nothing else was affected - not the radiator, not the lights, not the suspension or alignment, nothing.

Here is a list of mods/upgrades I've done to my Jeep:
6" of Lift (Rubicon Express SuperFlex kit plus BB)
Old Man Emu Long-Travel Shocks
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Flareless & Trimmed Nicely
33x12.50 Wild Country RVT (nice combination of Swamper TSL & BFG MT)
Cragar 15x8 "Soft 8" wheels, 4" BS
AJsOffroad custom front bumper w/built in fog AND driving lights (was actually on AJ's XJ)
Daystar Four Real Steel rear bumper w/hitch
KargoMaster Safari Roof Rack w/spare tire mount
Red Top Optima Battery
Flowmaster 40 series muffler
Rusty's Airtube + 6x9" K&N Filter
Alpine CD/MP3 player
Sylvania Silverstar headlights (best non-HID headlamp in the business)
Homemade $7 quick-disconnect holder-outta-the-wayers

The only things to do next to it for the buyer would be an adjustable trackbar (or re-drill the current one over an inch), and a SYE/DS.

I'm asking $6300 for it. KBB.com values it in "fair" condition (since it's salvage title) at $6,045. With all the upgrades that are valuable to fellow Jeepers, I believe this is worth $6,300.

If the buyer pays the full $6,300, I'll deliver the Jeep anywhere within the Lower 48 states, and fly home, all at cost to me. So don't say "If you only lived closer..." :)

You can contact me through here via PM, e-mail @ [email protected] , through AOL Instant Messenger - my screenname is RandomMcFly - or call me at (812) 857-2946

I didn't. Not sure who did. But to address your question this morning - I didn't "total" it as most people would think. When I hit that sign and did the minor damage, the insurance did a calculation where they determined it a "total loss". Basically the damage was more than 70% of what the NADA value of it was according to them. Therefore they weren't going to fix it at all, so I bought it back from them. I hope that answers your question. :)

Just a quick question to maybe help you sell your XJ a little bit easier and faster.

Does the title actually say "salvage", "assembled" or "rebuilt"on it?

If it doesn't say it right on the title...then you don't have to call it or treat it as a "salvage" title. The damage that you're talking about doesn't sound like nearly enough to reach a "salvage" status on that particular vehicle.

Usually...in Indiana anyways....the vehicle has to be taken by the insurance company...and then sold through the salvage pool (salvage dealers-only auction)...THEN it becomes a salvage title. Just a question to help you out because if that title doesn't say "SALVAGE" on it...then it doesn't matter if the insurance company paid off on it or not. It isn't considered "salvage, rebuilt or assembled" unless it's gone through this process....normally...or unless you build it up from scratch...or highly alter the original vehicle with parts from lots of different vehicles or you do something of that nature. This would greatly help to improve the value of your Jeep and make getting it financed alot easier by your buyer.

I've worked in and been around bodyshops in Indiana for 15 years and that's the way/process that I've always known for the salvage titles. I know that if it doesn't say salvage on the title .... your perspective buyer could get more money for it from the bank....and some banks/credit unions won't loan for salvage titles. Sometimes it just depends on your personal relationship with your bank.

Aron

Last edited:
Well people need to know which it is (clean or salvaged) makes a large difference! :sunshine:

Last edited:
I got the title from Progressive this afternoon (apparently they never even tried to mail it) and it says salvage. However it says salvage in their name. Before I can re-title it to myself, I have to go to the State Police and have them inspect it and verify that it's road-worthy and drivable. When I pass that, I can take my title to the BMV to be re-titled under my name as "Re-Built" which is a lot better than salvage. Because Aron (BigDawgz) saw last week, my Jeep isn't crumpled, totalled, rolled, or anything. And in a week or so, it'll be "rebuilt" meaning it can be fully insured and such. :)

LOL, the police inspection isn't a big deal. I bought a salvage YJ that really wasn't that bad. Pulled the front fenders off, swapped in full width axles and a 4.3, called the sheriff's dept. and they came and looked at it. Signed off on the rebuilt title, and it didn't even run! This was in Jennings County. I'd imagine that Marion (I think that's where Bloomington is) wouldn't be much different.
Nate

SewerBoss said:
LOL, the police inspection isn't a big deal. I bought a salvage YJ that really wasn't that bad. Pulled the front fenders off, swapped in full width axles and a 4.3, called the sheriff's dept. and they came and looked at it. Signed off on the rebuilt title, and it didn't even run! This was in Jennings County. I'd imagine that Marion (I think that's where Bloomington is) wouldn't be much different.
Nate

Monroe county, Marion is Indy.

:)

BTT! The Jeep has been inspected by the state police, and I've re-titled it at the BMW from "salvage" to "rebuilt". It should be in 4-6 weeks, but often it comes in sooner than that.

Also, I can get any pictures of the Jeep if anyone would like. :wave:

BTT!! I'm willing to hear offers or perhaps trades plus cash.

Here's some new pictures of it - I took them the other night, and I missed the sunset by about 30 minutes so they didn't turn out the best they could be, but here they are!

dormwheelin1.JPG

dormwheelin2.JPG

dormwheelin3.JPG

dormwheelin4.JPG

dormwheelin5.JPG

dormwheelin6.JPG

BigDawgz said:
Do you need a Very NICE Kawasaki ZX-11 streetbike and some cash to boot?
Aron

803060_106_full.jpg

However much I'd love a streetbike (I've considered buying one with the sale of this Jeep) I don't know how to ride, I haven't attended a ABATE class or anything. I know the theory behind it, how the clutch/shifting works, etc. etc. I just haven't done it.

I have a sale pending, but I'll keep you in mind. I know you're local and you've seen my Jeep in person and such.

Thanks.

McFly said:
However much I'd love a streetbike (I've considered buying one with the sale of this Jeep) I don't know how to ride, I haven't attended a ABATE class or anything. I know the theory behind it, how the clutch/shifting works, etc. etc. I just haven't done it.

I have a sale pending, but I'll keep you in mind. I know you're local and you've seen my Jeep in person and such.

Thanks.

Okay...just let me know if anything changes or your interest sparks. It's a really sweet bike....but I like your XJ too...so...LOL
Aron

Back