• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99+ intake power?

Mine has been done for about 5 years now, it's similar to that, but 9.4ish compression, standard valve Renix head, and a 58 mm TB. Light 4.2 crank, 4.0 rods, and Accurate Power forged pistons.

The only thing I don't like about mine is that it's missing 500 RPM on the bottom. It revs very, very well, but I wish it had a touch more off idle.

95 mopar reman, .020-.030 bore, 2001 TJ intake (yes, TJ/XJ power steering pumps mount the same/similar...the bracketry on the TJ motor is different however), 95 style borla header, 62mm bored TB and the 01 injectors

had to modify cylinder number 5 on the intake and exhaust because the header+intake touch @ that spot and you can not seat them properly. basically a small ding in the header, and a bit of grinding on the intake...not enough to remove any structure or burn through it.

I can't say what the power was prior with just the borla and TB because it all went in along with a renix to H.O. swap in my 87 comanche...now running all 95 parts, and the whole truck has less than 6000 miles on all mechanical components accept gears themselves. I can say though that it has ridiculous throttle response. tap and go.

Back