• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99+ intake on renix 4.0

Re: 99+ intake on remix 4.0

Sounds like a lot of time and effort for 15whp.
Agreed. It was done one piece at a time over a couple years. The point of my post was that it's not as simple as slapping on a 99+ intake and expecting 20 hp. We're officially done with the 4.0 for the race car (our 505 Performance stroker lasted 3 hours, so we're not going that route again either).

-Matt

3 hours? Wow, that's disappointing...
Tell me about it. Put a huge hole in the side of the block. We went to a junkyard and finished the race (and three more races with the same JY motor after that), but it was an expensive weekend. The response from 505 (basically saying, "well, that sucks") made it worse.

Yeah, I've heard nothing but horrible things about those guys. I'm running a Golen stroker personally. Took me a lot of research to choose them but I'm happy. Not that I run mine near as hard as you!

Gonna dig this one back up... stupid question. Anyone know for sure if a 91-99 HO exhaust manifold and 91-95 HO intake manifold will bolt to a RENIX cylinder head just fine without the ports matching up badly?

I suspect it will, but I'm not sure about a few things:
* should we plan on port matching the head at all or will it work fine?
* do we use a RENIX manifold gasket or an HO one?

Please don't say stuff about putting an HO head on the RENIX engine... we want to just drop a RENIX longblock into a vehicle that currently has an HO 4.0 and engine management system swapped into it, without screwing around with head bolts and a gasket and such.

Use the gasket for whatever manifold you're using.
Yes, you need to match port for BEST results. But, you don't HAVE to. I have photos.

Exhaust manifold fits fine. May need to file the edges of the intake to clear the exhaust manifold. 3 minute job. Have photos of that also.

Awesome, thanks. I'll have my friend buy a 91-99 manifold gasket then.

I know it works the other way around, I ran a renix intake and exhaust on a 95 HO engine for 30,000+ miles. Not sure if this helps.

Back