• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 Classic XJ Suspension

Cavan806

NAXJA Forum User
I am at that critical point in my XJ experience. I have made all my engine performance modifications. Now I need some help determining tire size. I have a Skyjacker 3" suspension system on the way. Will My XJ look entirely ridiculous with my current 30 X 9.50 Michelin APT's. I am not one to throw away tires just to get bigger ones. These tires are great and they still have plenty of life in them. Wish I could say the same for my current suspension.
Any advice out there?

If you go offroad 30s will be fine, but yeah 31s would "look" better.

Did you order an SYE?

I wouldn't worry about it, I run 30x9.5 BFG MT's on my 88' with 3" Superlift when I first got it. worked fine, looked okay, but it was alot better with 31's when the 30's died. Juice

Here's one from Rusty's site:
http://rustysoffroad.com/rigs_12.html

rig12_02.jpg

I run 30 x 9.5 on my 98 Classic with a 3" Skyjacker lift. I don't don't know that I would go any bigger without getting some gears. Plus some people say 31s rub with a 3" lift. I recently put my second set of 30s on, so I plan to stay with that size for while.

Back