• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 4dr linked on 40's

After some suspension cycling everything needed cut out in the headlight area along with raising the rear wheel wells higher. For lights it will be getting some 7" round led's. Also tucked the 2X6's further in along with raising them up some. Also started on the tube work for the fenders and hybrid cage.

IMAG0391_zpsxz8fz9os.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0430_zpsxloq6fm4.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0437_zpshlxp1ko8.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0438_zpslahu8rhh.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0447_zpsb5srmlvb.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Huge photo issues solved. Did some more cutting up front along with the start of putting in a 24X19 Griffin radiator. For a fan I'll be using a 16" spal puller fan. With the extra room above the box it will get a derale cooler with fan for the steering.
IMAG0448_zpscvcde4il.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMAG0457_zpsadx4g1um.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMAG0458_zpsexlq9oza.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMAG0462_zpsuqa1o3jb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMAG0463_zps1tad1hfg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Really digging this build. I like how tight the cage is to the body. How many bends did you end up doing to conform to the a-pillar and then down to the 2x6?

Dude, sweeeet!

seems like you left enough room if you ever needed to get the valve cover off. Does it clear the hood or you have to notch some?

Originally I was planning on raising the motor a inch for more trackbar clearance on full bump, so that's why it has some space which also would require the inner hood structure to be cut for it to close. Instead of raising the motor, I'm just going to put some bends in the trackbar and I'll move that bar forward with some flanges for removal and down a inch so no hood cutting is required.

Really digging this build. I like how tight the cage is to the body. How many bends did you end up doing to conform to the a-pillar and then down to the 2x6?

Thanks. At the a pillar, it's a 45* at the top of the windshield, mid pillar 5* to kick it in and at the bottom of the windshield 8* to tuck it behind the fender where it ties into a support strut for the tube fender. Off that same strut a tube will go down to the 2X6. To keep it tight and follow the roof contour, I do a 2* bend which springs back some every few inches. End result is nice, but takes a while. A tube roller is next on the list which will make doing the roof bars on the xj hybrid cages not so time consuming.

dam this thing is sweet. always liked stubby bumpers and chopped fenders like that on xjs good work.

Thanks. Yeah I've always liked the stubby base for xj bumpers with hidden winches. With the rad I'm running I'll end up notching the grille to fit the winch. The rear will end up with somewhat of the same design with the rear tube fenders tieing into it.

Needed a new box, so went with a wj box to make some more room for the new rad so I don't need to notch the passenger rail to fit the radiator. Finished off the tube fender tieing into the bumper. Once the light's are mounted I'll run some tube under them to finish it off.

IMAG0483_zpsxfk12emz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0486_zpsbc3xkpie.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0490_zpsulsz6xsp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0484_zpsvkwrcmm8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Needed a new box, so went with a wj box to make some more room for the new rad so I don't need to notch the passenger rail to fit the radiator. Finished off the tube fender tieing into the bumper. Once the light's are mounted I'll run some tube under them to finish it off.

IMAG0483_zpsxfk12emz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0486_zpsbc3xkpie.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0490_zpsulsz6xsp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0484_zpsvkwrcmm8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0491_zpsrh6muaqw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

With the location of the new steering box, the steering shaft wouldn't clear the booster, so I installed a manual master from a late 60's vette with disc's f&r. Also installed the drivers side tube along with starting the roof crossbars and X's. On the hybrid cage I'll only be dropping through the roof at the b pillar and doing a inside cage from there back.

IMAG0496_zpsp1xpp3qm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0503_zps07dzrjmo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0505_zpspnei4mup.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not much progress on the build has been made due to no time to work on my own rig. There have been a major change of plans and the cutting for that has started. Firewall forward it's getting a tube front half and from behind the front seat everything is getting cut out completely and a rear tube back half is getting done along with rear coilovers.

IMAG0616_zpswp7ax9tv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Started mounting up the box. Upper bolts have sleeves through the rails and a plate setup will support the lowers along with tieing into the front crossmember for additional side load support.

IMAG0647_zpsquauizyx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0648_zpsmado8zfw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0650_zpsjav6nkrw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Front tube work is getting close to being done. I have a few more tubes to add, finish the steering box plating, finish weld and start on the tube back half.

20160418_153619_zpsjg0cru9m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160420_105428_zps3wogncpv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160420_200520_zpsi1ogwtau.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160426_142452_zpstiwws2w6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160426_163117_zpsflh0d3bw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back