• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 4.0 long block, harness, ECM, CPS relocator, Bosch 4-hole injectors, 62mm TB

AMCeagle

NAXJA Forum User
'99 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 engine, pulled from an XJ that rolled. The person I bought it from someone on this forum and he said there's only 100k on the engine. I pretty much got everything off of that XJ to figure out a smog legal conversion for my AMC Eagle, so I'll list off the parts that I have off the XJ.
Long block, pan to cover, alternator(relocated) and power steering pump.
Intake and exhaust manifolds
Engine harness, ECM, fusebox
Instrument cluster, OBD-II connector and interior wire harness
Charcoal canister
Gas tank with pump assembly
Extras:
Hesco CPS relocation kit with the connector adapter. The damper has already been installed on the engine.
Bosch III 4-hole flow-matched fuel injectors, still in sealed packaging. From this guy on eBay
62mm bored throttle body. From this guy on eBay
Accel TST161 tune-up kit.
Accel Super Coil with the harness adapter
Napa gold air filter.
New stuff on the engine:
High temp black paint (degreased and wire wheeled the engine CLEAN before painting)
Seals/gaskets: Rear main, valve cover, oil pan, timing cover.
I fabbed an Alternator-relocating bracket from the A/C bracket. I've got the proper length belt for this routing.
Thermostat and housing.
Belt tensioner pulley
2 Bosch O2 sensors

Picture album here.

Asking $1000 for it all. I might be willing to part things out.

Off-topic, I know, because you are not selling it, but please tell me about the front axle. What is it from?

Thanks!

The front axle is from my AMC Eagle. It's an IFS Dana 30 loaded with a 3.54 open diff.
The nifty thing is that it hangs off the engine. When AMC made the Eagle, the straight-six 4.2L was slightly retooled to have threaded holes for the diff mounts. When Chrysler made the 4.0, the threaded holes were vestigially carried over.
I've got one rotting in the back yard with 2.73's if you wanted one for whatever reason ;)

The front axle is from my AMC Eagle. It's an IFS Dana 30 loaded with a 3.54 open diff.
The nifty thing is that it hangs off the engine. When AMC made the Eagle, the straight-six 4.2L was slightly retooled to have threaded holes for the diff mounts. When Chrysler made the 4.0, the threaded holes were vestigially carried over.
I've got one rotting in the back yard with 2.73's if you wanted one for whatever reason ;)
Hoowee -- with 2.73s it must really fly!

I don't have a current need, but I find it intriguing and saved the photos.

Back