• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'98XJ rear window dust deflector

idahjo

NAXJA Forum User
I have been looking for a rear window dust deflector, but there is little in the way of pictures for any of them on the actual vehicle. Was thinking about OEM deflector, but it requires drilling holes in the top of the rear hatch lid.

Don't want to buy something without knowing what it looks like on THIS vehicle. Anyone familiar with Aerowing, or have any suggestions.
thanks

I dont think you could have a dust deflector that lookes god on an xj because they are so boxy and flat at the back. It sounds like a good idea to me because I live on a dirt road and this is an issue, but the jeep rear wiper arm works good. I have never seen a picture of one, so if anybody has one post up a pic.

"directcartoys" on Ebay used to sell Cherokee rear spoiler. I snatched one about a year ago, keeps rear window a bit cleaner. It looks Killer.
Check it on Ebay, he might still be around!

I have the Mopar Accessories rear air deflector and I like it. You do have to drill into the hatch above the glass, but it does look really nice in my opinion. Its even contoured around the 3rd brake light so you don't loose that or have it get blocked out.

I believe I paied about 92.00 about 2 years ago when I got it. I thought I had the slip from the dealership, and ws going to get the par # for it, but I can't find it now. If it turns up I'll post it for you.

Get in touch with Todd (JEEPZZ) and ask him about his Euro Rear Spoiler.

42046453rLMcKH_ph.jpg

Could not seem to find any pictures or data specifically for the '98 Cherokee so just ordered a GTS Aerowing (no-drill) for it to check out.

I will post anything I learn, good or bad, about it if anyone else is concerned.

Cheers

Dosen't look to bad can you run out and get a pic from straight behind before it gets dark there (if it's not already)?

Here is a Deflecta shield from Quadretrec.
p17626.jpg

Last edited:
Can you run out and get a pic from straight behind before it gets dark there (if it's not already)?

Keep in mind this is on a '98...
C-2004002.jpg

dmillion said:
So, have you been able to see how it works? Worthwhile? Or only for the looks?

$64.99 to the door wasn't too shabby.

I live on a private road that gets very dusty in the summer. Will give you the lowdown on how it functions when I know anything. (it HAS to do something for the dust!?!) We shall see...

I got a 2000. It's why I asked. I used to have a 93 Plymouth Voyager that had on on it. I have defenitily noticed how much cleaner the back window stayed on it compaired to my XJ. It also had a sun visor on it. Looked good, but the extra air resistance it created was horrible. Man I wish I would have kept that van. Sorry just reminiscing.

scoobyxj said:
I got a 2000. It's why I asked. I used to have a 93 Plymouth Voyager that had on on it. I have defenitily noticed how much cleaner the back window stayed on it compaired to my XJ. It also had a sun visor on it. Looked good, but the extra air resistance it created was horrible. Man I wish I would have kept that van. Sorry just reminiscing.

I'll let you know what I observe about wind resistance. It's kinda cool here so thought I had better heed the instructions to let the tape cure for at least 24 hours. Tape was a 3-M stuff that definitely had "tooth"! If there is too 'much wind resistance' tape will let go and, I'm sure it will go 'Bye-Bye'...

idahjo said:
I'll let you know what I observe about wind resistance. It's kinda cool here so thought I had better heed the instructions to let the tape cure for at least 24 hours. Tape was a 3-M stuff that definitely had "tooth"! If there is too 'much wind resistance' tape will let go and, I'm sure it will go 'Bye-Bye'...
I didn't mean to confuse you idahjo, but the resistance comment was for the sun visor not the air deflector. I doubt you'll knotice anything with the deflector, 'cept for a cleaner rear window.

scoobyxj said:
I didn't mean to confuse you idahjo, but the resistance comment was for the sun visor not the air deflector. I doubt you'll knotice anything with the deflector, 'cept for a cleaner rear window.

DUHH...got it now! thanks

Back