• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ spare doughnut

smithz

NAXJA Forum User
I realize this is probably a dumb question, so be gentle.

I just got my full set of 33's, and am not sure what to do with that dumb spare tire. Are there people that buy those things to replace them? Or could I sell it to a salvage yard or something? Just thought I'd see if I could get anything out of it before I just throw it in the trash. I guess in asking, I was hoping someone local knew someone with a stock XJ that might need one for a few bucks.

Also, anyone need some stock XJ rims? They are off a 98 Classic if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Jeff

Crap, I just realized I probably should have put this in the Colorado for sale forum...

Stupid noob mistake, sorry guys. Maybe a mod can move it?

If I could find 3 more of them...maybe that would be my new look.

They make a pretty nifty base for a grinder stand or a large jack stand (tire on for grinder stand, tire off for jack stand).

But yeah, I highly doubt anyone's gonna give you any money for it. The majority tend to toss 'em in favor of a full size spare.

If nothing else, bring it to one of our Chapter meetings - there's a few of us that can toss it in a steel recycle bin.

Good option as a last resort. I might try the craigslist thing, although I've never used that to sell anything before. Can't be too hard I imagine.

Let me know if anyone wants it and the cover. I'll give it to them.

Thanks for the suggestions, and again sorry for posting this in the wrong place.

I'd put it on craigslist and see what happens. I have had nothing but good luck selling things on there. You would be amazed at what some people will buy if given the chance.

Put a picture of it even though it may be self explanatory people like to see pictures. Make sure to put it under parts and not cars/trucks. I see people that do that all the time. It is really easy to use and has worked for everything I have tried to sell on it.

Yea, and for the price of the 26"s I could build one hell of an XJ.

26" package with Pirelli tires ($19,500.00)

But they are pretty neat, there's some fast thinking by the processor to keep the picture from spinning and to keep it looking correct.

DAryl

Back