• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ on 60's

amp7876

NAXJA Forum User
Built 98 Jeep Cherokee Limited with leather, pw, pl, auto, ac etc... all in working condition.
4.0L motor, AW4 tranny, NP242 transfer case
Vehicle has appx 110k miles, motor has appx 35K, (original overheated and cracked the head)
Exo Cage made of 1.75" .120" wall DOM tubing tied into bumpers and sliders
Unibody has been reinforced from front bumper to rear spring hangers
Front has BDS mil wrap leaf springs, rear is custom pack springs with shackle relocation brackets.
Rock Sliders, custom front and rear bumpers made from 3/16 wall box tube
Dana 60 KINGPIN front axle with 4.10 gears and locked (out of a 78 F250 snowfighter)
Dual piston calipers, rotors, pads, and hoses are all new
High Steer arms, and crossover steering made from 1.5" .25" wall DOM with heims
Dana 60 full float rear with 4.10 gears and locked (trac loc) (have extra stock shafts to go with it)
Drum brakes, all internals are new included wheel cylinders.
36" TSL's not in the best shape but good for wheeling on 16.5” aluminum outlaw wheels
Optima Yellow Top Battery
This is not a street friendly rig. The tires would need to be replaced/balanced and an alignment would be suggested if planning to run on the street. (I only used it for wheeling and thus trailered everywhere)
Has a few dents but nothing major. Body has been trimmed to accommodate tires and to keep the center of gravity low.
Future plans were to put a doubler in, i have a NP231J transfer case to go with it. Just never got around to getting it done.
Great family wheeling vehicle that will keep you out of the weather.
IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5588.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5591.jpg

IMG_5592.jpg

$5800.00

amp7876 at hotmail dot com

I'm at work so I can't view the pics but it sounds like a awesome rig!
Would you consider a trade for my 98' 5.9L ZJ stock (white) with 142k miles and some cash?
Big Red is in sale pending mode and I like the late model XJs and wanted a 1 ton.
Don't really need another Jeep, but what the heck!

Troy

nice if u were interested in a built subaru legacy wagon id trade u in a heartbeat. i still regret getting rid of my cherokee

After this one is gone the Explorer is next.
Trying to reduce the number of vehicles and get the wife into something new.

Someone buy me!!!
$5000.00 FIRM this is as low as it will go.
thanks
Tony

Back