• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ buggy thing- 60s Atlas and stickies

5spd_xj

<<the good ol days
NAXJA Member
I'm going to throw this thing up for sale. Would like to keep it but I need to get my truck fixed and bills add up. I've got a number in mind, so feel free to make offers but don't lowball too hard or you'll be laughed at by yours truly.

98 XJ
dana 60 front from an 89 ford, welded. 5.38 gears,

dana 60 rear from a 78 ford, detroit, bored spindles with 35 spline yukon alloys. 5.38 gears. Tom Woods rear driveshaft with a flange yoke on the axle end.

crossover steering 1.5" DOM with heims. Hydro assist with PSC ram and cooler, AGR box and AGR pump. Also have a lightly used PSC pump that can go with the jeep for the right price.

Atlas 2 speed transfer case 3.8:1

front suspension is a custom 3 link 2" DOM for all 3 links with the upper through the floor, ~6.5" seperation axle side and around 6" frame side. bilstein 5150 shocks.

rear suspension is a custom double triangulated 4 link 2" DOM for all links, with johnny joints. running xj front coils and bilstein 5125 shocks.

Tires/wheels are 37" Red label BFG Krawlers on H2 wheels. spare is a 36" TSL on a steelie, but I do have a 5th H2 that can go with in case you want to get a matching spare. Wheels have some good rock rash but all of them hold air. Tires are probably around 70% tread.

Has behind the crossmember winch, a warn xd9500. Has 3/8" MasterPull rope on it in great shape, not frayed or faded, with the fancy thimble end. The end pieces had a date with a rock last year and need to be replaced, I've got new parts from Warn but not yet installed. They will go with the jeep

Cage is 100% 1.75" .120 DOM and was done spring of 2012. 5 point Recaro cam lock harnesses. Rig also has frame stiffeners, 2x6 rocker replacements with 2x2 legs.

There's a bunch of things I'm certainly missing here but I hit the high points.

I've also got some parts that can go with it for the right price--
pair of 14" FOA coilovers and a pair of 12" FOA coilovers that need a rebuild (shafts are only $40/ea and the seal kits are cheap)
NV4500 with a bellhousing to adapt to the 4.0
Mastercraft suspension seats (for a UTV but would work fine in a wheeling rig)
SOLID drive flanges for the front axle, 35 spline
spare front knuckles
at least one set of spare front shafts
multiple xj front driveshafts that can be made into spares

WITH EVERYTHING, SPARES AND EXTRA PARTS INCLUDED, ASKING $6000. NO SPARES OR EXTRA PARTS, ASKING $5500 OR BEST OFFER.

I also have a 2010 full deck trailer that will be for sale. If it's still around when the jeep is sold, that'll be available to the buyer for $1300, less than half the cost of a new one. New bearings last year and the brakes still have plenty of life in them. Tires in good shape and comes with a spare.

http://www.econotrailer.com/Full.html

Any questions feel free to PM or post here in the thread. Here's a couple pictures from last year's Rocktoberfest at Rausch, though most of you here already know what it looks like :laugh3:

100_0620.jpg

IMAG0762.jpg

this thing should be wheeled this weekend, just saying

That thing is awesome. If you want to part it out. Id be interested in the krawlers. if not, good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the compliment. Not really interested in parting it out, but feel free to make an offer on the whole thing :thumbup:

aww, fond memories of reverse smashorama at carnage hill :laugh:

few pictures from today. The jeep's at a friends house currently, I'm hoping to get there soon to get some more detailed pictures etc, but these are current as of today :thumbup:

IMG_20130718_173222.jpg IMG_20130718_173241.jpg

IMG_20130718_173327.jpg IMG_20130718_173314.jpg

bump before it gets parted out. make a reasonable offer

Jeep is sold, trailer is sold. Still have-

FOA coilovers
nv4500 swap stuff
PSC PS pump
New never installed brown dog poly motor mounts
new D60 35 spline SOLID flanges
warn xd9000

I'll be making another thread for this stuff, but if anyone sees this post first and PMs a decent offer for something, I would like that.

Back