• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 xj for sale

cjgarnett

NAXJA Forum User
Up for sale is my 97 Jeep Cherokee 5 speed manual (Ax15) 175xxx miles.
In the Jeep are new upgrades from last year, and very few miles on them. I have receipts for over $7000, mostly in parts i have installed but some were installed by Nick Sessions at Xtreme Engineering in Fort Collins. All new on this Jeep(about 1000 miles ago) are the:
Ball Joints
Axle Shafts (new alloy shafts: 27 spline front dana 30 and 29 spline rear 8.25)
ARB Lockers front and rear
TNT Customs long arms
TNT Customs Uni body Stiffeners W/upper extensions
Brake calipers, rotors, pads and hardware front and rear
Rear disc brake conversion from a 95 grand cherokee donor vehicle
New catalytic converter, chambered muffler and custom bent exhaust
New wheel bearings and hubs

Approximately 5000 miles ago i replaced:
AX 15 manual transmission with a re manufactured unit
Replaced the NP231 with a NP231D with a wide chain and Advance adapters SYE and Custom Cut Driveshaft
New Centerforce dual friction clutch
Rusty's off road 6" lift front coils and rear leaf springs
K&N 9" cone air filter and Rusty's off road throttle body spacer and air filter adapter

And Finally, done yesterday
New oil filter adapter o rings
New exhaust manifold, power steering pump and 4 bolt steering gear
New Iridium spark plugs
New tie rod ends and beefed up tie rod
Oil change, air filter cleaned, transmission fluid changed with mobil one full synthetic oil, ball joints, tie rods, driveline and suspension greased
have mobil one 75/90 for an oil change in the differentials (due because of new lockers and gears) and Synthetic ATF for the Transfer case, not completed yet due to time constraints

Slight body damage to the front driver side and rear driver side
E brake cable not yet connected to conversion brakes yet

Great builder, camping, mild four wheeling jeep, and has been taken great care of, but my family has different needs. Has a tow hitch and 4 wire connector, and tows great

6000 OBO, will reduce for quick sale, my receipts total far more than this before you add the value of the jeep.

Chris
[email protected]
pics available tomorrow

as of today has new o2 sensors, and new belt i had a little free time to put a few more parts in...

forgot to mention, in the back will be...
new water pump
new radiator hoses, upper and lower
old axle shafts, front and rear for spares
old belt for spare
1 wheel bearing hub assembly, other one wasn't worthy as a spare
thermostat and gasket
differential gaskets front and rear
other assorted spare parts

It is currently on 33 12.5 bfg all terrain tires, but could probably fit 35's, I use it as a back up daily driver and it does well on the highway. One definitely, and possibly a second tire (shows alignment wear but has some tread left) need replacement due to alignment wear from before this lift. The other two have decent tread left on them. Axles are 4.56 gears.

Alright, its getting to bottom dollar time... 5000 obo
Family situation requires me to sell my favorite vehicle, sombody is walking away with a steal of a deal... make me an offer and you can be the lucky one who gains from my loss...party1:
Code:

Back