• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 XJ 5 speed 6" 35s locked

xjcherokee603

NAXJA Forum User
This is a 97 Cherokee 5 speed with 176k miles. Has a set of 5 35" Maxxis Creepy crawlers, 6" bastard lift that works better than any short arm kit I've ever used or seen. Reared is Lincoln locked as well. This is a very reliable vehicle but I don't use it anymore... I havnt gone wheeling and I have a diesel truck as a daily driver that gets 20mpg so I have no need for the Jeep. If not gone by this weekend I'm trading it for another vehicle otherwise I'll take $3000 FIRM!! Like I said I already have a deal worked out for this weekend but if I could get the cash I found another vehicle I'd rather have than the one I'm trading for so that's why I'm posting it. It's located in Rochester, NH and my cell # is 6o3-8I7-749six
7bc105c4.jpg

b3700827.jpg

c1f5d444.jpg

31243415.jpg

421f9f38.jpg

c6f66435.jpg

9da6aac3.jpg

a81e9465.jpg

3bddf82b.jpg

Stock gears... I think 3.07s but maybe 3.55s. I sold my geared axles a few years ago and was building some wagoneer 44s with 4.88s rear spool and front OX locker but when I realized I wasn't really into wheeling anymore I sold them to a friend.
I have a lot of other parts too if someone wanted a package deal. Ballistic fabrication joints for a long arm suspension I was going to make but lost interest, rubicon express 7.5" coils, rustys 9" coils, rear add a leaf, electric fan, calipers, driveshafts, a cat, etc.:doh:

This is also not your typical NH rust bucket. I bought in New Jersey due to their mild winters and less road salt (compared to NH) and it shows! No bolts broke during the lift kit or swapping axles or anything, it was well worth the trip. The drivers rocker is rotted (typical) but the passenger side is fine and everything under the jeep is solid. Even the floors are mint!

if you want to sell the wheels and tires seperate let me know.

Sorry guys the jeep sold the next day and sadly the buyer has never gone wheeling so those tires will just get worn out on pavement. Man I never realized how lame Cherokeeforum is... If you're a member there check out my for sale thread on my Jeep. Apparently it's not a good thing to have full suspension movement... Apparently I should reinstall my swaybars and chain the front end down so the suspension doesn't move. By the way they were referring to the coil dropping off the bucket while articulating and saying it's unsafe to drive and I need limiting straps or a "bracket" to hold the coil in haha. That picture was full travel and the spring never drops lower than that pic so there's no need for limiting straps. It's a short control arm suspension and with the vehicle on a lift and the shocks removed there is still pressure on the springs against the buckets so how is that unsafe? It's not! Wheeling is all about traction, suspension articulation, and gearing. If your tires are in the air you're not getting any traction. I didn't think that theory was so far fetched... I thought it was common knowledge but apparently not. So anyway my next jeep I build will utilize all the parts I bought but never finished including ballistic fabrication joints for a 3 link long arm setup I was going to fabricate as well as a triangulated 4 link rear suspension and Waggoneer 44s with a rear spool, front OX locker and 4.88s. I have rubicon express 7.5" coils and Rustys 9" coils but I'm thinking I like the rubicon express coils better the rustys seems to have a really high spring rate. So when my next jeep project happens down the road I'll be referring to NAXJA and not Cherokee forum. Take a look at my thread over there though and let me know what you think.
Thanks guys

Back