• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ C4x4 fab & Rusty's flares =..?

Xjjeepthing,
That IS an awesome soloution! a heck of a lot less work than building an entire bumper haha. Maybe i'll do what you did untill my bumper is built so i don't have to wait so long to put my flares on!

I'm using pre 96 bumper end caps on my 01 XJ. Should leave plenty of room for rustys flares when I get them.
004-4.jpg

The flares take up inside fender room and cause the tire rub (fender grab) at flex, you'll need more room than that in the front for sure or smaller rubber. Maybe they've improved the fit but mine were not a good fit. I'll see if i have any pics before i had to pull a Michael Myers on them. -B

The flares take up inside fender room and cause the tire rub (fender grab) at flex, you'll need more room than that in the front for sure or smaller rubber. Maybe they've improved the fit but mine were not a good fit. I'll see if i have any pics before i had to pull a Michael Myers on them. -B
Find some pics cause i have no idea what you're talking about lol. I have Rusty's flares on my 89 and can stuff 35's no problem with no bump stops. And these flares on my 89 are about 7 years old so if they did change the design i would probablly have the older ones... I'm not calling you out or nothin, i just don't understand what you're talking about.

Hello everyone I am new to the forum, I'm writing from Naples, Italy, excuse my English but I use google translator!
are owner of a black jeep xj 97 year limited 4.000L,
and for how much gasoline in Italy, are considered a fool!
I want to ask a question of 1blackxj:
flares that you have on your car how long did you get?
are standard or flex?
I bought the standard, I must arrive in a few days, I saw photos of Rusty's flares, which are rounded, while your are as I like, squared!
are different models? or different is the way of mounting
Thanks and sorry again my bad writing!

Hello everyone I am new to the forum, I'm writing from Naples, Italy, excuse my English but I use google translator!
are owner of a black jeep xj 97 year limited 4.000L,
and for how much gasoline in Italy, are considered a fool!
I want to ask a question of 1blackxj:
flares that you have on your car how long did you get?
are standard or flex?
I bought the standard, I must arrive in a few days, I saw photos of Rusty's flares, which are rounded, while your are as I like, squared!
are different models? or different is the way of mounting
Thanks and sorry again my bad writing!

Welcome, Im not sure what you are asking exactly, but the Rustys flares for the XJ are all the same design. Unless you are getting the fiberglass desert type ones. Which I doubt you are. The ones you ordered should look like blackxj's flares. I have two sets, one very old standard set, and one flex set. Both sets look identical and the same as blackxj.

Hope this helps.. :)

Ok thank you!
is what I know, I had seen online convex flares, and I didn't like!
I'm happy to be a new Member of this forum, and happy to owning a jeep xj, I love your car:patriot::patriot:, I hope one day to come to the United States.
Also in Italy we've made site dedicated to the legendary Jeep cherokee xj, and I'm one of the partners. the site is
www.duriepuri.com
Thanks again and see you soon :wave1::wave1::wave1:

Back