• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 jeep not starting

flinchy

NAXJA Forum User
i was driving my 96 jeep cherokee sport about a month ago when all the sudden the jeep just died. i have not been able to start it since. it was having a few issues before it died it was hard to start had to keep foot on the gas for a while before it would stay running but now it just wont start at all i have checked many things. fuel system works getting pressure at the fuel rail. engine turns over but will not start i checked all the fuses i checked the crank shaft position sensor. i hooked up a new pcm but all to no avail i am getting really frustrated and still cannot figure out the problem any help would be great. i would like to fix it asap
thanks in advance

caleb

96 cherokee sport 180k auto trans i am getting fuel to the rail there are no engine codes no spark at the spark plugs or at the ignition coil that i know of

Explain when say you checked the CranKshaft Position Sensor, did you test it with your multi-meter ?

You said you had to keep your foot on the gas to start it?
I too had that issue but mine never fully died. I ended up changing the TPS with a known good one and it works good for now. Although I will need another as it is cracked.

Back