• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 XJ, 3/4 ton, full width, low miles, quite built

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
My Jeep is a 1995 4 door with a high output 4.0 and auto tranny. The drivetrain has less than 75k original miles and runs VERY STRONG. The engine is stock but I made an air intake tube to go with the Flowmaster 50 series muffler. The 231 transfer case has a Rubicon Express SYE and driveshaft.

The interior is grey and comes with grey Husky floor liners front and rear. I replaced the dummy lights with a full gauge cluster, installed a Grant steering wheel, and aftermarket power door locks. There is a Cobra CB with a PA speaker hidden under the hood, and a Pioneer DEH-P940MP reciever which is missing the faceplate. There are 2 6" Pioneer speakers in the front doors and 2 in the factory rear soundbar. I'll also include a 12" Kenwood subwoofer in a box and a 1000 watt amplifier with all the wiring.

The Jeep is now flat black which should make it easy to paint whatever color you'd like. I cut the rear quarter panels even with the bottom of the tail lights and made a custom rear bumper that wraps around under the quarterpanels and includes a reciever hitch. The front bumper is custom also and has D rings and a reciever hitch. I cut out and replaced the rocker panels with 2x6 box tubing. The pseudo frame rails are covered with 1/4" thick C channel from the factory lower control arm bracket to the front leaf spring hanger. This is the attachment point for the replaced rockers and an ideal place for attaching a roll cage. I installed a factory gas tank skid plate and rocklights front and rear. I also installed a set of Le Baron hood vents in the hood.

The tires are 35" MTR's with a fair amount of tread left and they're mounted on 15x10 steel wheels. The rear suspension is just a Rubicon Express 5.5" kit that is barley broken in. The rear shocks are just cheap Doetsch Tech shocks mounted to a cusom shock hoop/crossmember. The front is the same RE 5.5" kit, but the coil buckets on the axle were made to give it another inch or so of lift. 14" Bilstein 5150 shocks were mounted to the outside of the coil buckets. The long arms are totally custom made from .25 wall DOM tubing. I've got extra long stainless steel brake lines in the front so they don't act as limiting straps. The hi-steer setup uses Rock Equipment hi-steer arms. The tie rod and drag link are custom made from .25 wall DOM tubing and 3/4 ton tie rod ends.

After converting the rear Dana 60 to disk brakes (using 3/4 ton Chevy parts), I swapped in a Covette master cylindar and a Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve. The Dana 60 is a full width, full float, low pinion, 30 spline axle from a 79 Ford and is stuffed with 4.88 gears and a full Detroit locker. All seals and bearings have less than 500 miles on them. I even reinforced the diff cover to protect theh goods inside.

The front axle is a heavy duty Dana 44 from a '76 F250. It's full width and low pinion. It has been completely rebuit. Every seal, bearing, and ball joint have been replaced and has less than 500 miles on them. The front axle has 4.88 gears to match the rear along with an EZ Locker. It also has Warn Premium locking hubs and because one shaft was missing when I bought the axle and I couldn't find a stock replacement, it has one Warn axle shaft (long side inner). The U joints have been replaced with 760s and the caps have been tack welded (except the Warn shaft which uses a full circle retaining clips.) Like the rear, the front also has a reinforced diff cover.

Here are a few pics of the new paint job. There are MANY more pictures HERE.
paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg

I'm asking $7k, but open to offers
PM me or email me at:
emailaddy.gif

Thanks!
Billy

Last edited:
wanna sell the bumpers ?

very interested in the axles and steering if you part the xj. i can pick them up no problem pm me if interested, thanks chris.

Back