• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 xj

O

oregonxjman

Hey all...love this site, and everything it has to offer! I am new to the Jeep community, but not to wheelin, as I have had various full sized trucks in the past. I purchased my first jeep a few months back, a 93 XJ and I just love the off road capabilities even stock, but I am wanting to put a lift on it. I would love to run some 33's under it, and would like to know what those of you out there are running for lifts, gears ect....and what you think the pro's and con's of your system are. At this point, I don't have a ton of money to put into this project, but I don't want to go cheap either. I do want to go with new rear springs, as I hate add a leafs, so I know I will need to spend a little more money there, but as for gears and lockers, those can wait for a later date. Thanks for any info.

Colby

Well, for 33s, you will at least need the new springs, new shocks, front springs, pitman arm, maybe new control arms, and a kit that's called SYE; you'll need to cut your fenders. And at last, wheels with some offset. It'll not be a cheap project, consider a lift kit + SYE kit + wheels. Sometimes the SYE is not necessary, but you should consider it as it's not cheap.

Regards

I just recently put on my RE 4.5" (add-a-leaf) and TeraFlex 1.5" spacers and shackles and I fit 33"s nicely height wise. I have 12.50 and they are too wide so I recommend getting 10.50. I got the add-a-leaf because I don't have a great deal of money but so far I am happy with it. Only wheeled with it once so far and it did well. For the two lifts I only paid $1000 or so mainly because I got a deal with the RE one. I am saving my pennies to gear up and get lockers. It will be alittle bit before that happens though(couple of months). After the lift was put on I noticed my steering was a little loose, but there is another discussion going on with that. So far that is the only problem I have so far. I recommend the RE lifts because most of the time they are the most complete lifts.

Welcome Colby. As far as lift is concerned, you will get a lot of different answers, from manufactures to long vs short arm. Your making a good choice by choosing to replace the rear springs. Stay away from blocks. For 33, I would say you probably want to be in the 4.5" range in lift. With a little fender trimming & a decent amount of back spacing on the rims they'll fit no problem. I've been happy w/ my RE lift & springs. Good ride & good flex. You can do a few searches, & it will yield a few kits to stay away from as well as many that people have been happy with, & problems encountered with the install. With some proper research, & You'll find your way, in what you want to accomplish. Remember, with all things You can do it right or you can do it again.

Rob

Back