• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'93 xj for sale

XJ-CJ8

NAXJA Forum User
For Sale
1993 XJ: Country Trim
Exterior: Green/Tan (and rusty)
Interior: Tan Wood/Grain dash (smells like it may have had a mouse family living in it last winter)
Axles: D30 / Chrysler 8.25
Gearing: 3.55
Transfer Case: SelecTrac (Part & Full Time 4wd)
Transmission: AW4
Engine: 4.0 (duh)
Mileage: at least 220,000
Located Near Cedar Rapids, IA 52302

Those are the specs. Here's the story. Shortly after buying my 2001 (in 2008), this guy got "retired" to my parents farm (hobby farm). I thought it'd be good for them to have a REAL 4wd vehicle if they were living 3 miles from pavement in Iowa winters. Turns out, they thought otherwise and the Jeep has been primarily in storage for the last 8 years. Now, storage doesn't mean climate or critter controlled; it's been in a pole barn.

Prior to retirement (late 2008/early 2009), the jeep received the following maintenance items:
New 6-yr Wal-Mart battery
Tune-up (New Spark Plugs/Distributor Cap/Rotor/Wires/Fuel Filter)
Rear Brakes (New Shoes/Drums/Cylinders/Cables)
New "lifetime" warranty Alternator (probably O'Reilly's)
New Blower Motor

If I had written this 2 years ago, you could have driven it home with ICE COLD AC. Well, after sitting for >24 months it's not starting. Previously, the engine and transmission were plenty strong. The last time this happened, all it took was replacing the fuel filter (August 2013). During that endeavor we noticed a broken u-bolt (rear axle, driver's side). This was replaced with the closest off the shelf replacement we could find (3.125", I think).

When running, the Jeep did have an occasionally "violent" shudder between 55-65 MPH. That being said, after the u-joint replacement in 2013, I had it over 75 MPH on smooth pavement and didn't have any issues. This is probably not a vehicle you want to drive across country or send your kids to school in, but with a little bit of work, it'd make a great farm/hunting truck.

So, if you're still reading, you're either bored or interested. Here are the two sale options: (1) you get it running and drive it home, it may just require a new fuel filter OR (2) you bring a trailer and haul it away.
Asking prices are below:
Option 1: $900
Option 2: $800
$100 discount to RED letters (members)

If it doesn't sell, the drive train will probably wind up as a donor a future TJ engine swap project. I've also contemplated swapping the transfercase with my 2001 (the full-time 4wd was nice to have).

Anyway, call me with questions about the jeep (319)FiveSevenThree-770Nine.
Call the number below to schedule a look (319)ThreeFiveZero-818Four.
(sorry about the goofy phone numbers, I just don't want to get on some robo list)

Oh, it probably goes without saying, but I don't want anyone to be surprised. This has as much rust ad you would expect for a 23 year old jeep from the salty Midwest. The rockers and undercarriage are rough.

Back