• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93' stock XJ for sale near Raleigh, NC - not running

hightime81

NAXJA Forum User
Hi All!

Been a while since I have been on the site, life is keeping me very busy. After many years of faithful service it is time for me to part with my XJ :(

I unfortunately don't have the time i would like to spend enjoying it anymore, 2 jobs, and a new addition to the family on the way has led to me not having a lot of free time right now.

I will get pics up ASAP, but here is the deal:

1993 XJ Sport, AW4, 231NP, 126K, stock, NSS bypassed

Bad:
- currently not running, it was turning over and just not starting, but after replacing CPS, all it does is click once and then all power is gone until battery cable is removed and then put back on.
- I had quite a lengthy thread in the OEM section, but was unable to figure it out. all of the tests i was performing showed the various components to be good. At this point, it has been sitting for ~2 wks without anything being done to it, so the battery may be on it's way out as well. I really feel like it should be something simple, like i am missing a ground that needs to be refreshed or something. It was my daily driver, averaging ~18 MPG until that day.
- crack in windshield, but on the lower part, doesn't impact line of sight
- power steering is loose, but i drove it that way for a long time
- dented driver front fender
- drag link TRE boot torn, as well as pitman arm boot torn

Good:
- not 2 mos ago, did a tune up, new plugs, wires, disty cap and rotor. all quality stuff from summit racing.
- 126K miles on the 4.0 HO engine
- recently changed the AW4 tranny fluid
- no rust, body is clean
- oil change less than 200 miles ago
- 3/4 tank of gas in it now
- mustang 5.0 fuel injectors
- TRE's recently replaced (just to the wheels)

Again, I REALLY hate to let her go, but I just don't have the time she deserves anymore. someone who has more skill than me I am sure can get her up and running in no time. I would like $500 for it as is.

Sorry, i do not have the time or space available to individually part it out. which i wouldn't want to do anyways b/c it really is in good shape and just needs someone with more skill than me to look at it.

And here are some pics

cherokee2011001.jpg

cherokee2011002.jpg

cherokee2011003.jpg

cherokee2011004.jpg

cherokee2011005.jpg

trying to show fender damage

cherokee2011006.jpg

cherokee2011007.jpg

cherokee2011008.jpg

thanks, only places it ever really went was the highway and a few trips out on the beach. I like it clean:)

i was lazy and didn't put it back, but the hatch cover fits and attaches as usual, i just needed access behind it and haven't put it back yet...

If weather and time permits, i am going to try to get it running again, but I don't really expect to have the time, so we will see.

thanks for looking!

And for full disclosure - when i was taking pics i found a nice fresh power-steering fluid stain on the drive-way. It might be as simple as the cap leaking, or another seal, but it may be about done for. I don't want to sound like I am trying to hide anything lol!

Last edited:
Hey!, i meant to call you, i will call right now.

but for your questions, yes, yes and yes.

flushed the radiator this past summer and it runs nice and cool. AC works well, Heat is great. CB is yours:) it works as well. Does have an older aftermarket radio (CD) which works and is connected to 4 aftermarket polk audio speakers.

It has been sold. Lowrange2 got it.

Yes, Yes I did! :)

Lovin it! It's awesome having the Cherokee DD. This is the first one I've had with a properly functioning AW4 in it. I thought 2nd gear slipped in EVERY AW4! lol

Back