• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 xj pisten problems

ok here is the update. i did decide to replace just the number one piston and rings. i bought a new one from a machine shop and they put it on the conecting rod for me. i honed the cylinder and it looked really good. there were still some light up and down scratches but i got them out the best i could. i put it all back together and it runs GREAT!!! i have 120 psi in all my cylinders and it runs smooth and quite. thanks everyone for you help
congrats on gettin er fixed but as far as compression specs, alldata calls for 130-150 psi with a 30psi differantiation max cylinder to cylinder. i just compression tested my new jeep i bought yesterday and got ratings of 155-160 on all cylinders. just my .02

congrats on gettin er fixed but as far as compression specs, alldata calls for 130-150 psi with a 30psi differantiation max cylinder to cylinder. i just compression tested my new jeep i bought yesterday and got ratings of 155-160 on all cylinders. just my .02

Well, higher is better than lower, and no more than 10 percent deviation between the highest and lowest will give you a good idle. I have seen engines running fine with compression under 110 psi, not powerful, but fine for DD.

Back