• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91' Jeep Wrangler

WB9YZU

NAXJA Forum User
Specs:

91' Jeep Wrangler W/ Hardtop.

Engine: 2.5L straight 4

Transmission: 84' AX5 from a Cherokee with an external slave. Works smoothly.

F/R Axles: Dana D30/35 with lunch box locker in rear.

Bumpers: Fabtech Tube front, Smitty Bilt rear with Swing out carrier. Front has a XR8 winch mounted on it.

Tires: ProComp XTerrains 33X12.5X15 on 10" Aluminum rims.

Side protection: Sun Products sliders.

Lift: 4" lift by Rubicon Express.

Extra Options: CB Uniden Pro520, Bikini Top, Sanden OBA conversion.

This is a nice little Jeep. I just don't drive it much. Off-Road it is very capable. On-Road it rides like a lifted race car This was not a WI truck until I brought it here. However, there is some very minor rust showing up on unpainted surfaces. A bit of touchup paint would take care of that.

The few idiosyncrasies it has are pretty minor. Gas tank doesn't read right (empty is 1/2 on the guage), intermittent wiper doesn't work when it's warm, it could use a bit more gear in the axles.

As for dependability, I would take this on a road trip tomorrow.

$3,000. I'm not going to go any lower on the price, so don't ask :D

Pix> http://mcjag.org/cs/photos/zuki-ron/picture2426.aspx

Last edited:
so ron i just realized you and i have met at DJ's place when i picked up a tire from him back in the spring and we did some wheeling on his farm

PM replied to.

Folks, the reason I am selling this vehicle is to get a larger Jeep. A 90 lb Chocolate Lab does not fit well in the back seat of a Wrangler. I know, he's tried :)

I am hoping to find an XJ in good shape. No rotted rockers, no rotted 1/4 panels, no rotted floors.
Though a Grand Cherokee would not be totally out of the question.

Trades possible if the conditions are right.

Would you be willing to trade for a 97 XJ, 4.0, auto, 142000mi. It runs great and has no rust, but the only downfall is its 2wd.

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Back