• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ NJ

tm999xxx

NAXJA Forum User
IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

JEEP IS A 1990 Not 89

Bought this jeep about 2yrs ago since then it has received:
-New rear main seal
-Oil pan scrubbed, wire brushed, painted and new one piece gasket installed
-Oil sending unit
-O-ring set (oil filter)
-Open loop cooling conversion with new three row radiator
-Overpriced manual fan switch and relay
-Valve cover removed, cleaned, new one piece gasket
-Air filter
-Rustys adjustable upper control arms (extra set of bushings) (Currently have one adjustable installed and one stocker, was putting new bushing in the other adjustable)
-Rusty’s fixed lower control arms
-Magna flow muffler (I think?)
-transfer case drop (about ¾”)
-Class II hitch
-Door hinge pins modified for door removal
-Cheesy custom mirrors (but functional and legal) for when the doors are off
-CD player with Ipod or mp3 hook up - 6x9’s in individual boxes –twin 8’s and amp
-Drop pitman arm (uninstalled)
-Conferr roof rack (needs better mounts)
-Conferr spar tire mount (uninstalled)
-Cut front fenders and front bumper (rough)
-Fixed wiring for AUX. lights with new factory switch (no lights included)
-New battery
-33x12 procomp terrains on black steelies (tons of tread left)
-Herculined exterior! Never get a scratch again

XJ Dana 44 rear axle with matching gears and a mini spools (uninstalled, I was waiting to break the 35) included

The lift was partially installed by the previous owner. He was a college kid that gave up on the project. I’m not sure of the components but they wheel very nicely. The front is a combo of 3-4” springs and a 1.5-2” spacer. The springs are pretty stiff. The rear is an addaleaf and drop shackle also fairly stiff. Although I’m not a fan of addaleafs and spacers, the combo worked great for 4wheelin. On road is pretty rough. If I keep the jeep it will get full leaf packs for the rear.

Overall it’s probably got a 5-6” lift.
Previous owner installed vinyl flooring. All the overhead console lights work along with the compass and outside temp. Along with the power windows and locks. Driver’s window is slow as hell. Although the A/C still blows cold. 242 Transfer case works just like it should. Tranny shifts strong. Has the “power” switch for towing.

The bad: pcv breathers need to be replaced or cleaned…When driving on the highway, oil will spray out the dipstick at 70mp+. I have duct taped it in the past with no problem but its annoying. For the entire time I owned the jeep I couldn’t figure out what it was till I had a buddy get it up on the lift and run it for 2 hrs with no oil leaking from anywhere. Then taking it on the parkway for a mile or 2 and finding the top of the dipstick wet. Pretty cheap fix if I understand it correctly. Bushings in some of the steering components are pretty worn but functional. Holes on both doors (one from my hilift 2nd from a jackhammer) Couple dents

106,xxx Less than 2k on all parts and work, I6, auto, 2dr, larado

1600.00 Or throw me offers … I might keep it …Might part it out

All pics taken today

Thanks tom

Last edited:
LaurXJ said:
hey is it still available?

Finally! lol.. Laur there's a few others on here that look good as well. Go through 'em all :)

Re: 90 XJ NJ

I took the jeep out tonight and noticed a couple extra things. The rear wiper crapped out, no washer fluid function (but the light flashes when your low), the heat takes forever to get warm (stupid open loop conversion). It also has quick disconnects for the sway bars ...I have never connected them and im not sure if i still have all the parts... the antenna is always up and the power wire has been clipped

Last edited:
Back