• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 xj 4 dr limited sunroof

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
So, After storing my jeep for 4 months I go to get it back on the road, the sunroof leaked, and I have mildew starteing.....arrggg. Its a factory installed hand crank knob style sunroof ( or shoulf I be calling it a moonroof?) and I need parts for it, or to replace the whole thing. Anyone know where to find [parts, or has anyone replaced the whole thing?. They are hard to find in the wrecking yards. Thanks

I've seen a few in junkyards through the years, but I don't think they were installed at the factory. Maybe look at aftermarket firms, like ASC or something similar. A friend bought a new Liberty about ten years ago, and the dealer had a sunroof installed after she bought the car, before they delivered it. It took a week, and lightened her wallet by about a thousand bucks, but it was included in the vehicle warranty.

no its forsure a factory option, The roof is only ribbed up to the sunroof, and the side to side brace just behind the sunroof has provisions for mounting the open/close knob.

You're right about the roof ribs. I've seen Sawzall installations in the junk yard, all goobed up with silicone caulk. I'm guessing that the sunroof was supplied by an outside vendor, even if it was installed by the factory. Maybe there's a name or part number somewhere on it, to direct you to whatever compant manufactured it.

Does it have drain lines? Our long-gone '98 ZJ had a factory sunroof, and the dealer showed me how to blow out the four drain lines, to keep accumulated water from coming in, which happened the first day we owned it. My poor wife almost drowned the first day she drove it to work!

No numbers anywhere i can see, from what I've read it was used in amc's too, but can't find one anywhere, even used. yes this one has the drains, it has a broken part on the crank knob, that is causing my rain showers

No numbers anywhere i can see, from what I've read it was used in amc's too, but can't find one anywhere, even used. yes this one has the drains, it has a broken part on the crank knob, that is causing my rain showers

Maybe you could snag something at an RV shop that might work to repair your crank.

Back