• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 wagoneer limited 188k

asheets934

NAXJA Forum User
I've got an 89 Wagoneer Limited with 118k on th clock for sale. It's got the 4.0 I6 and the AW4 tranny. The case is the 242(?) that has the full time 4x4. White with red interior. It runs great I just cant afford the gas for it.
I've put quite a bit of time and money into it in the form of new parts over the last month or two. Plus the leather interior, power everything, better t-case, towing hitch (not sure what rating), air-ride on rear wheels for leveling the vehicle when towing heavy loads, plus a power brake setup for towing . As far as new parts goes, it has a brand new harmonic balancer, plugs, wires, dist. cap and rotor, fuel filter, air filter, front rotors+calipers+pads+brake lines (pads may not be the greatest, I recently cleared up a brake draging issue), the previous owner said he had just replaced the master cylinder also (not sure if its true or not, looks pretty clean though) and a new ccv system. I have replaced all this within the last two months so its practicaly brand new. It has the obligatory roof racks and I have running boards for it if someone wants them. I took them off cause they hurt my ground clearance but they'd be good on a DD for someone with kids. It has also just been seafoamed so it's running smooth as can be. It has the sensor for keyless entry, but I have no remote. You could find one online pretty reasonable from what I hear though. It's undercoated so there are no problems with rust on the floor pans. It's even decent stuff, not that gooey sticky garbage you get at advance or pep boys.

Now for the bad parts. Rear main leak just started so its minor right now, about a teaspoon or so a day. Very minor rust on fuel door, probobly be easy to fix or hell, its a fuel door, it shouldnt be too hard/expensive to replace. Rust on one rocker panel (below rear door in front of wheel) that may require replacment but could most likley be patched by someone with the skills. It could use a paint job to look pretty but its a jeep so it isnt urgent. The paint isnt chiping/bubling or anything like that, so it still protects the body just fine. Also the driver door window regulator could stand to be replaced. It is a former woody, i couldnt stand it so it came off. If you want the woody trim to restore it I can prob get the trim pieces back for you.

BTW, I would also be interested in a trade for a reliable, more fuel efficent daily driver. I'm a college student and I work as a cook, I need all the money I can get.

Oh yeah, it also has a gas tank skid plate included unless it sells seperatly first.

Back