• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 poineer xj for sale in yorkville, IL...

spikyhair87

NAXJA Forum User
First of all its NOT MY XJ or a buddies.... just one i seen for sale....

i talked to the guy (looking to buy the winch bumper:laugh3:) and he said nope the whole thing is for sale..... lives like two blocks from me..

anywho here are the specs if anyone is interested..

4.5 rough country (yeah i know..)
31 mud terrians
410 gears...
i think dana 35...
said there are "spools" in front and back...
front custom winch bumper
rear custom bumper..

looks like its really beat.... it has loads of dents/ broken stuff on it..

said he wanted something like 2000 of it :wierd:

i dont know what his lowest price is but if someone wanted a trial rig this could be a "decent" rig that needs a some TLC ( i wouldnt pay over 1k for it though)....

Well, there isn't a spool made for the 30 or the 35 and I wouldn't give you a grand for it the way it sounds.

Saying it has spools front and rear says 1 of 2 things to me...
Either he thinks you're just a fish and told you that to impress you or....
he just got it to make a buck or two off of it and he doesn't really know what it's got.

Edit: Didn't mean to hijack this post...since it wasn't yours or a friends, I was just rambling...

no biggie my thoughts exactly....

what scares me even more is that he said that he does his own gears.......

im sure for someone that knows how to do his own gears that he would know what exactly is put into those axles.... plus when i asked him what the rear axle was he said "ummmmm idk..." i was quick to say thats a 35 and he was like "ummm yeah that sounds about right" ...

i figured i would post it just in case someone was looking for a really cheap wheeler... i would say maybe offer no more then 1k... he didnt sound really firm at 2k...

LOL! Yeah, does his own gears, alright...:rolleyes:

I bet if you let it sit there for about a month you probably could get him to take 6 or 7 hundred for it...

Spools....:looney:

i think i am going to do a behind the bumper winch mouting system behind my jcr stage 3 bumper..... the approach angle of winch bumpers seems to be less then good.... and it would be quite different than the usual winch bumpers.... and i would hook up in cab controls using someones idea (on here) putting them in a seat belt buckle thing... or on the dash....

Back