• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 4.0 with ax-15 and later model clutch for sale

danny boy

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

Well, my beloved XJ that was rolled at TDS has finally got to go. The cops want it out of sight of the street but I have nowhere to put it, so I have to put her up for sale. Here's the scoop: it was rolled pretty bad but the motor, trans and tcase are in working order. I was able to run it when I got it back home but I've taken some parts for my MJ and it definitely cant move now. So you're basically buying it for the drivetrain. The motor is a rebuilt unit put in about 6 years ago and it ran awesome before I crashed it. The ax-15 is in working order but 3rd synchro is a bit crunchy, however, I was able to drive it all over, no problem. I also upgraded away from the damn internal slave setup with an external setup using parts from 95+ so it's easy to service, but hasn't needed any. The np231 is stock and functioning. It also has s-10 leaves which work well but stretch your wheelbase and has the correct rear driveshaft. It has T&J subframe connectors. It has a d30 and d35. It also has tons of nuts, bolts, fittings, and other off-road bits and various things that a wheeler could need as stuff breaks down on your ride. I hate to do this as she finally was running really strong when I sacrificed her to gravity, but now its just causing me problems.

This is located in Pacific Beach, a neighborhood in San Diego. Make an offer but please be serious, you're getting a perfectly running drivetrain that you can just put it and roll.

Phone is the best way to contact me: (562)237-8199

thanks,
Dan

ax-15 would be a 5 speed. If you are unsure what transmission this is, a modified setup may not be the best project to jump into, IMO.

The clutch setup is just the bellhousing, t/o fork and bearing, input bearing retainer and TJ master/slave assembly. They're all factory jeep parts if you need to service them, but its working fine. The whole point was to eliminate the leak prone internal slave which was killing me.

Any takers? This thing has got to go.

thanks,

Dan

Thanks Danny! Made it home safe and sound. Man I felt bad pulling away with you watching her go :( I felt like I was taking your child lol.

039e5934.jpg

Back