• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'85 XJ Stock Wheel Backspace?

AzPhreak

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everybody.
I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself as well as have a question answered. I have had my eyes on this forum from behind my dad (mike mike) while hes on here being addicted to XJs and most on here seem to be quite knowledgable. I have been on a few times under my dads name during my xj BUILD (will be posting before and after pics when ITS COMPLETELY DONE, wont be too long since its ALL I spend money on) and was too lazy to make my own....so HERE I AM NAXJA!!!!

So morris has a free shipping promo going on and I am gonna make my 1st new tire and wheel purchase party1: but I am having MUCH difficulty figuring out the wheel backspacing and width of my stock 85 cherokee 4cy and was wondering if anybody here had any input for me? Thanks for all your time...will be back on later to see what you all have to say....look foward to viewing your answer(s) and thanks for your time

Stock rims are 5 on 4.5" and most or all rims are 5.25" of back space. If you are getting wider than stock tires for a lifted Cherokee, buy rims with less backspace. 4.75-4.25 are commonly used.

Back