• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

!!!804000 MILES!!!!

I believe it. That being said, I want pics... mostly because all my friends ask me why I buy such old cars. Mine are at ~138k and ~208k.

we have something worse than rust, they're called a prius. they might take out an xj, if going fast enough.
my father has an 4.0 mj @ about 290k, i beleive it can happen, but would love to see proof.

there was a guy in france that lived to 122, that doesnt mean all french people live to 122...

mine is at 182k, and has such bad blowback, i had to install a catch can
My MJ at 208 is blowing about a quart of oil per 150 miles. I think it's because of a leaky rear main seal and a clogged CCV system though. My air filter gets full of oil in a hurry and I leave a cloud of smoke from oil on the exhaust whenever I come to a stop. Runs great though. I have a set of new gaskets (dizzy, OFA, rear main and oil pan if needed, valve cover) coming in the mail right now, as soon as I find where joe_peters posted the NAPA part numbers for the CCV system replacement kit I'll be going to buy one.

we have something worse than rust, they're called a prius. they might take out an xj, if going fast enough.
my father has an 4.0 mj @ about 290k, i beleive it can happen, but would love to see proof.

there was a guy in france that lived to 122, that doesnt mean all french people live to 122...

mine is at 182k, and has such bad blowback, i had to install a catch can

Couldn't agree more.

My last 92' XJ had about 235k before I sold it. I was going to hit 300k, but Man does it take a lot of work!

Google "high mileage volvo club".

1,000,000 mile Volvos were pretty common, had one come in with a 2,000,000 mileage badge one time.

Back