• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8 lug wheel compatibility

tommyboy

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have my ford d60 front axle and Corp 14 bolt rear, now what rims are compatible, meaning what year did they change the 8 lug pattern to 8 x 170mm? And if the rim came off of a gm truck will it still work and up to what year? And I know if I go with a 15 I have to grind down the caliper correct?

why are you on the internet asking questions? Guess I won't see you on the trail

Ok so I have my ford d60 front axle and Corp 14 bolt rear, now what rims are compatible, meaning what year did they change the 8 lug pattern to 8 x 170mm? And if the rim came off of a gm truck will it still work and up to what year? And I know if I go with a 15 I have to grind down the caliper correct?

if its an 88 axle, then itll still have the regular 8 x 6.5 pattern. newer fords got the metric pattern somewhere around 99.

With the dual piston calipers on the 60, even with heavy grinding, 15" rims are pretty much impossible if not impossible to fit. look at some of the blackbird customs brake brackets to run chevy 3/4 ton stuff so you can clear 15's

if its an 88 axle, then itll still have the regular 8 x 6.5 pattern. newer fords got the metric pattern somewhere around 99.

With the dual piston calipers on the 60, even with heavy grinding, 15" rims are pretty much impossible if not impossible to fit. look at some of the blackbird customs brake brackets to run chevy 3/4 ton stuff so you can clear 15's
Thank you, just the answer I need. I'll just avoid a 15" rim to avoid the hassle.

Damn im sort of in the same position, I want to get hummer H2 17's but im running a 78 HP ford D60 and a 99 Ford D60 rear.....not sure if the PO changed the bolt pattern when he narrowed it. Guess im going to grab one of those lug pattern checker things.

Where can I get one of thos pattern checker things? And I did a little more research and I read that in 2000 ford changed the lug pattern to metric, but what year did gm change the pattern if they did??

gm's and dodge never changed there al 8x6.5 only ford changed in 99ish

Back