• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 Trade

GrapeApe

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to trade my 8.8 already set up for an Xj for a 8.8 set up for an Xj. Mine has 4.88 gears, chromo shafts, full spool and c-clip eliminator. New brakes. Looking for one with 4.88 gears and either full case locker or open with lunchbox locker. I will add cash for full case locker. I am wanting something more streetable.

hmm I'll have to think about this one too, I don't DD mine anymore. the only difference is that I have 1.5" UBEs instead of normal perches.

What diff cover do you have on your 8.8"?

This may be a dumb question, but can you use stock shafts as spares with the c clip eliminators? In all likelyhood since I haven't broken a stock shaft I wouldn't break a chromo, but just wondering.

Seriously considering this swap, especially if we can swap diff covers. Currently I have a 8.8 out of an 02, disc brakes, 4.88s, Detroit Locker and Solid cover. Discs on yours?

You'd get your Jeep done a lot faster bringing in the axle you already have to a shop and getting it geared and locked then trying to trade for it.

I could use that hp30 you have but you don't want to seperate then after teasing us for 1/2 a day with a feeler thread.
Can you feel me? :gee:

You'd get your Jeep done a lot faster bringing in the axle you already have to a shop and getting it geared and locked then trying to trade for it.

I could use that hp30 you have but you don't want to seperate then after teasing us for 1/2 a day with a feeler thread.
Can you feel me? :gee:

Not in a hurry to get it done. I can drive it as is. I just dont care for the spool on road. I may still end up selling my axles if i cant find somebody to swap with me. I cant justify spending a grand to replace the spool with another locker.

Yeah that's crazy spending that kind of $ to get another locker when you have a spool. I hardly feel my spool in my 91' YJ with waggy 44s, 5.38s and 35" boggers. I like it better then a auto locker because you know what to expect from it. I'm putting a spool in another Wrangler with a 9" & 5.43 gears.

Back