• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 brake hose(?)

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
I know this belongs in the Modified section (I posted there as well) but, maybe somebody knows of somewhere local that could accommodate me.

Mike Grimm, does NAPA have anything?

I've got a D44 with Explorer 8.8 rear discs and I have it set up to use the stock Explorer brake hoses.
The stock driver's side brake hose that was on there was plenty long enough but, I recently had to replace it and the the one I bought is now too short.
I know I can straighten and remount the hard line to gain some extra length but, I was wondering if there is an extended length version out there somewhere as I haven't had any luck finding one.
The hose incorporates the driver's side caliper hose into the tee.

Thanks for any help you can throw my way.

Hans

I know this belongs in the Modified section (I posted there as well) but, maybe somebody knows of somewhere local that could accommodate me.

Mike Grimm, does NAPA have anything?

I've got a D44 with Explorer 8.8 rear discs and I have it set up to use the stock Explorer brake hoses.
The stock driver's side brake hose that was on there was plenty long enough but, I recently had to replace it and the the one I bought is now too short.
I know I can straighten and remount the hard line to gain some extra length but, I was wondering if there is an extended length version out there somewhere as I haven't had any luck finding one.
The hose incorporates the driver's side caliper hose into the tee.

Thanks for any help you can throw my way.

Hans

The stock explorer lines are short. I get them at the Monrovia junkyard.

I was under the impression that most people used two passenger side hoses but I could be wrong. Ill look into it tomorrow when I'm at the shop.

Hey Mike,

Don't sweat it, I just went ahead and made a relocating bracket and all is good.
Dosen't look as nice as a longer hose but, it works fine.

Thanks,

Hans

I was under the impression that most people used two passenger side hoses but I could be wrong. Ill look into it tomorrow when I'm at the shop.

X2

Back