• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 yoke u-bolts?

junkxj

NAXJA Forum User
After snaping the yoke u joint straps for the second time this month, I decided to do something a little better. I drilled out the holes to use ubolts in the yoke, but can't find ones the right size. I know alot of other people have done this(the stock set up sucks), so if you have done this where did you get the right ubolts?

p.s. I have already tried all the ones in the HELP! section at advance, maybe NAPA? Thanks

your best bet is to go to a fastener supply place in your area (all they pretty much sell are nuts and bolt)

do a search for fasteners at www.dexonline.com

Whne it comes to custom stuff liek that...most part store suck at life.

Good luck! BTW, let me know how it turns out... itd be a nice mod! i hate straps!

latta,
Ryan

Thanks alot for the info. I tried the search, and came up with nothing in this area. I thought maybe someone else had tried this and had a part # or something for the right size ubolt. Thanks again.

I have ubolt yokes on my 30 and my 44.
They are the same yokes, and also the same as a d300.
I got the yokes from a yard, and the ubolts from NAPA.
Drill 'em out and it should work well.
HTH.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I really apreciate the help. So the ubolts for a 44 will work? I also thought about bending the ones I got from advance. I was not sure if it would weaken them or not. Thanks again

Not sure about 44 ubolts. I would take the yoke and a ujoint to a fastener joint or a parts store and find some that are close.
HTH.

not sure about the 8.25" but i just got 2 ubolted style yokes for my D30/D44 for around $25 shipped on ebay, im going to put in the ubolted yokes and just keep the strapped ones as spares if the yoke gets destroyed

also, i know on some yokes you cant really drill them out b/c the ubolt spacing is NOT the same as the strap bolt spacing.... meaning you should have bought the ubolts before you drilled

I finally found some ubolts that fit correctly. They are spicer parts, and I would post the PN, but they are in my garage right now. The only problem is that the nuts that go on the back of the ubolts will not fit flush with the yoke. I am going to have to do some minor grinding on the back of the yoke to make them fit. I will try to post the part number and pics. of the grinding work when I get it done in case anyone else is wanting to do this. Thanks for the input guys.

jeepsrock said:
hey junkxj can u pls post pics of your u-bolts bc i cant get mine to fit properly.

pete

And the part number for the u bolt

Thanks

Back