• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 Rear Disc Conversion with Grand Cherokee parts

make sure you go equipped... the cross shaft retaining bolt in ZJs is either a 5/16" six point (MUST use a six point socket if you want it to come out) or a smallish external torx, I forget which. And the backing plates obviously won't come off unless you get the shafts out, which implies getting the cross shaft out.

make sure you go equipped... the cross shaft retaining bolt in ZJs is either a 5/16" six point (MUST use a six point socket if you want it to come out) or a smallish external torx, I forget which. And the backing plates obviously won't come off unless you get the shafts out, which implies getting the cross shaft out.
its 12 pt.

You got lucky then. Last time I used an 8mm instead of a 5/16 on one of those, I went home empty handed and covered in gear lube.

It didn't take much to open up the holes. Couple of passes with a die grander. I used 95 disc set up. I went to Napa and got new studs for a Grand with rear disc brakes. I got my parking brake cables from Morris 4x4. I didn't use the Grand brake hoses I used 03 Liberty they don't have the bracket on them. I didn't do anything with my porportioning valve yet. When I did my 87 I cut the spring in the porportioning valve one spring wind.that made a difference on my 87.

Back