• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 gear ratios

OregonXJ said:
Wow that is a kick in the nuts i thought 4.56 was the max.

It is.

Blkxjkrawler said:
You might consider reading through the rest of the thread before posting. I think this myth has officially been busted, at least for now.

i read the thread...and realized you all called superior...just wondering how the could sell something that isnt made yet. has anyone called the people that say they sell them to see what they say about their alleged products?

WMW,

Thanks for posting that link. Its good to know what sites are allegedly selling them. They should be called on it and if its a typo or false ad like the other one was it should be removed.

Well I just ordered a set. They should be here next week with my 29 spline aussie locker.

The guys were really nice, they said they'd throw in 1000 ft spool of flight line for free too.

Archdukeferdinand said:
Well I just ordered a set. They should be here next week with my 29 spline aussie locker.

The guys were really nice, they said they'd throw in 1000 ft spool of flight line for free too.
How did you buy two products that aren't even on the market yet??????

EricsXJ said:
WMW,

Thanks for posting that link. Its good to know what sites are allegedly selling them. They should be called on it and if its a typo or false ad like the other one was it should be removed.

No problem, i might call them and see what they have to say about it. oh and thanks for the fender trimming tips over on JF. :wave1:

There has to be a reason why 4.88's haven't been available for the 8.25 to date...maybe they just plain won't fit in the housing,otherwise they would have been available years ago.Think about it....:shhh: :dunno:

outlander said:
There has to be a reason why 4.88's haven't been available for the 8.25 to date...maybe they just plain won't fit in the housing,otherwise they would have been available years ago.Think about it....:shhh: :dunno:

I don't really know why they only made them down to 4.56, but given the fact that Superior is going to make them, means that it is possible.

Really curious to know why Archdukeferdinand can order these when as of 5 days ago Superior told me they weren't out yet... Did you speak to Jason at 4x4Group buy to confirm that you were in fact getting 4.88's or did you just order online? Keep us updated if they ever show up on your doorstep.

EricsXJ said:
Really curious to know why Archdukeferdinand can order these when as of 5 days ago Superior told me they weren't out yet...
Forget the Aussie for the 8.25 29-spline, I wonder how he got 1000 ft spool of flight line. :dunno:

:)

Serioulsy, it was a facetious post.

outlander said:

Well it may be that. It also could be marketing. There aren't nearly as many 8.25s out there as 35s. Therefore the the market for super short gearing, like 4.88 and up, isn't strong enough to offer the product. With the growing popularity of XJs however, I would not be surprised to see someone like Superior offering them.

Id agree. Lack of consumer base would be the reason no one has made 4.88s yet. There just isnt that much demand for them. The 8.25 has been used in several vehicles but the only vehicle that anyone would want 4.88s for is a lifted XJ. The 8.25 is also in the Liberty, Dakota, and a few cars but how many of those do you see that need 4.88s? If there were more 4 cyl XJs, there may have been a bigger market for 4.88s but there arent that many 4 cyl XJ being built up.

Back