• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

7100s don't fit!

I would return them and ask them to send you a pair with no angle to them, that seems oddball.

i agree.... i made my own with no angle to them and they work perfectly

Nope. I looked up the install instructions on their site and it says to install with the sticker forwards, which is how they are, but the bracket is hitting and rubbing the shock it looks like. I had them with a slight outwards angle, if the front of the Jeep is 12 o'clock, I had the sticker at about 10 o'clock and it seemed good there. The reservoir and hose were positioned well and everything.

The 9601 instructions say to mount with the sticker out...the 9605 says to mount the way you did.

Try those ones with the sticker facing you. It works better. :)

But yeah, I have the flat ones and have the sticker out with my 9100s. Works just fine.

Installed:
Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

This JKS mounts i believe are the wring ones Darky......

They make a set that do not have the 10 degrees built into it and mount straight in. Here is a pic on my XJ:

DSC_0622.jpg

Hmm..They show the same 10* angled ones for XJ/YJ/MJ, but yours look like what I was trying to accomplish with mine, but unable to cuz of the bend. I may have to see what JKS says about exchanging. I don't expect them too since I bought these second hand (in fact I'd be amazed if they did), but they're not expensive anyways so I may just resell these and buy the straight model.

EDIT: NM, I se what they did, the part numper is the same XJ vs YJ, but only the YJ is angled. I suppose I will go ahead and order in the XJ ones. These shouldn't cause any problems driving until I get the correct ones shipped, right?

Last edited:
I have the same JKS shock adapter and mine are angled also, I believe that you are suppose to install them with the sticker facing out of the wheel well (facing you).

Hmm..They show the same 10* angled ones for XJ/YJ/MJ, but yours look like what I was trying to accomplish with mine, but unable to cuz of the bend. I may have to see what JKS says about exchanging. I don't expect them too since I bought these second hand (in fact I'd be amazed if they did), but they're not expensive anyways so I may just resell these and buy the straight model.

EDIT: NM, I se what they did, the part numper is the same XJ vs YJ, but only the YJ is angled. I suppose I will go ahead and order in the XJ ones. These shouldn't cause any problems driving until I get the correct ones shipped, right?
I ordered some and when I called the shop to confirm it yesterday, he says that all 9601s are angled. So now I have the 9602s coming. Or vice versa, either way, the TJ ones are now coming.
But looking at the website, it shows both in a non-angled design and then has an inset showing the angled ones for the YJ...I may just have to cancel this order and re-order through JKS themselves and pay the extra $18.

What size shock? Are you mounting in stock location (I assume yes)? I am sure someone more knowledgeable then me will chime in but I think as long as you don't bind up the heim you should be ok. I mean, if washers take up the slack but allow the heim to move freely.....I think its fine. There is probably a more approriate way but it should work. If you freeze it up you will damage the shock shaft (in your case).

I got the 9602s today, and surprise surprise they were wrong. So I called JKS to find out for sure what the deal is (angled wvs not, etc etc) and found out I'm dealing with the wrong stinkin mounts! This whole time I've been thinking shock conversions, getting confused as to why everyone here is saying they're straight and every vendor says they're angled, wen I should've been thinking shock adapters. Those are straight, and are now on the way. I'm exchanging the conversions for the adapters, and I should have them in about a week. Finally! But now I feel like a :dunce:

:D

there are easier and cheaper ways to do it.

Roger that.
Nothing ever comes easy. I am getting ready to order shocks for the rear. Along with the jks barpin adapter. And I didn't even think about the 'stock' lower mount until I had this thread sent to me...

So I don't know what to do about the lower mount.

most people cut em off and get a set of the ones from ruffstuff or similar, and weld em even with the centerline of the axle tube.

Back