• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$7 rocklights installed with pics!

soulslngr

NAXJA Forum User
$7 dollar special from Amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HTWNOA

Mounted to the front crossmember, riveted on and wired.
rocklightmounting.jpg

Lit at night. Focused primarily in a long beam, but pretty good spread overall. I am pleased. Wanted to pass the link on, I picked up two pairs...might use the others as reverse lights.
rocklightlitatnight.jpg

Comments or suggestions please post.

You'll find that it works better if you mount your lights, so the light beam points in front of your tires... that way you can see what you're about to drive over. Your light beam is getting blocked by the inside of the tires.....Just a suggestion.

For $7 they pretty good though!

Here is mine for example......

IMG_4863.jpg

matt you seriously have the sickest jeep. I wish you had a build thread.

and soul, like he said, your lights are doing almost nothing for you.
point 'em where they'll be useful

matt you seriously have the sickest jeep. I wish you had a build thread.

Thanks.... No build thread though. Its just been a progression over the last 2-3 years.
:D

The rocklights on my jeep are a couple of sets of Pepboys lights, about $25 a pair. They work great!

Glad it helped someone, I'll keep my eyes peeled for any other bargains on lights and post them here. Thanks for the advice, I am working on aim right now, and may need to fab a bracket to bump them out a little after all. I was able to get the beam just inline with the front of the tires as is, with the spread of light going past the front, if I can I'll snap some more pics tonight and if I remount will post more with those.
HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR TONIGHT AND BE SAFE!:guitar:

Front (for Reference):
104_1738.jpg

Looking up at them:
104_1736.jpg

All Wired up to the trusty Fitch(TM) Box:
104_1740.jpg

My Switch setup:
104_1739.jpg

I'll get some pics of them lit up once my optima is done charging... Been sitting too long...

For those of you that are curious:

I meant to post the following: the way they are mounted is via a 2.25in sleeve that was a leftover from a Rancho lift I put on my K1500. The bolt I used is the bolt that holds the stock upper control arm to the front Dana 30, my calipers say it is a M10x1.60mm thread pitch by 75mm bolt (but don't quote me on it). I used that particular bolt because the head is flat enough to clear underneath the series 26 KC lights and I put a nylon-locking-nut on it to keep them in place. I used a hardened 3/8in washer on both sides of the sleeve, and the nut still had enough bite to make the nylon contact the threads.

You should take that trackbar bracket off,it would bring your angles back to where they should be.

What, the bottom one? I know the trackbar is not adjusted correctly, haven't gotten to it yet... Not done installing/aligning lift. This post was regarding the rocklights. Thanks though.

Thanks.... No build thread though. Its just been a progression over the last 2-3 years.

The rocklights on my jeep are a couple of sets of Pepboys lights, about $25 a pair. They work great!

got a link to more pics?
you really need to show that thing off more

Just remounted them with 1-1/2 corner brace brackets from Walmart. I'll snap some shots tonight of the effect on beam spread. Thanks for the advice on moving them outward, they should clear the crossmember no problem now. The NAXJA community comes through again!

You'll find that it works better if you mount your lights, so the light beam points in front of your tires... that way you can see what you're about to drive over. Your light beam is getting blocked by the inside of the tires.....Just a suggestion.

For $7 they pretty good though!

Here is mine for example......

IMG_4863.jpg
Where did ya mount the rear lights?

^^^^X2 :dunno:

Just a shot of the new mounting
rocklightnew.jpg

and of the new beam pattern, I will play with exposures and try to get a clearer shot of how wide they light
rocklightspreadnew.jpg

Thanks again for the advice!

=D your new beam angle etc looks more like those neon tubes the ricers use, you should get some colored bulbs and run em!

i plan on just making my forward lights blinding... i'd rather be able to see what im gonna hit before im right up on it. =)

I have a pair of Hella 500 fogs on the front bumper for seeing what's coming and the beam pattern is due to the fact that these are fogs also (wide pattern, little vertical spread). This was a first attempt, I may switch over to a full-on flood utility light like some are running, but for now it's cool. The concentration of light in that one line is exaggerated by the camera, it really does light up more than that single bar.

Back