• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6th Annual Reno Run (Memorial Weekend 2016)

We are probably going to hit the road around 8. want to be in reno by lunch. But we are flexable.

Sadly my friend couldn't get next Friday off of work.. so we'll be heading up right when she's off work and probably getting to Reno by 10PM ish depending on Friday night traffic. I can't wait for a great weekend!!

PS - for tow rig + trailer parking, is there a special area or just pull up to the campsite? I couldn't find anything too specific on the site for parking. Thanks!

Started doing some prep for next weekend...
042c5348f4c9ed4fa2f3bef90e8b348f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Everyone,

We will be at the "Group Tent Area". The parking lot is actually in the Day Use Area NOT the actual campground. As you go up the road towards the campground you will see this sign in front of you. Go left.

daviscreek.jpg

There is a gate that is always open to get into this area. However last time we camped here we shut the gate and "dummy" locked it at night to prevent people from wandering in and messing with our Jeeps. So, if you show up late, open the gate and let yourself in. Shut it behind you.

While doing prep I found some xj parts lol... free for anyone who needs them coming up.
ad478a2d0b38d6bd950bd0492f41fd27.jpg

2 pitman arms tapped for 1 ton.
Ignition coil
Neutral saftey switch
Cps 97 newer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Looks like I'm probably out for Reno. It would take a miracle to make it at this point.

I can't get it to idle right. It's super chunky as if the vacuum line from the map sensor to the throttle body was taken off. The air fuel ratio gauge is showing around 10.0-11.0:1 at idle. I built a map adjuster and I can get it to come up near 13:1 but it's still a loppy idle. It'll idle like that for about a minute and then go dead lean and die.

Once up to speed the thing runs great, tons of power, carries its speed well, has enough oomph to get out of its own way and hits strong on all 6.

Damn . Thats rough

I can't get it to idle right. It's super chunky as if the vacuum line from the map sensor to the throttle body was taken off. The air fuel ratio gauge is showing around 10.0-11.0:1 at idle. I built a map adjuster and I can get it to come up near 13:1 but it's still a loppy idle. It'll idle like that for about a minute and then go dead lean and die.

Once up to speed the thing runs great, tons of power, carries its speed well, has enough oomph to get out of its own way and hits strong on all 6.

All grounds are good and sensors are good ?

Are the planned trails do-able on 31's with locked rear? If so, I'm definitely interested, but can probly only make Sat/Sun

Are the planned trails do-able on 31's with locked rear? If so, I'm definitely interested, but can probly only make Sat/Sun

I think JeepinSeal was on 31s open/open when I went to reno fest a couple years ago. Maybe he'll chime in on this.

I was on 32's with a locked front and It wasn't too hard. I didn't go for the harder trail run though.

Also,

Who can throw a couple pieces or more of Firewood in their rig? if we had 10 or more rigs each bring like 3-5 pieces, we would probably be ok for at least the first 2 nights, if not all three....
We will be camped Fri-mon, so 3 nights of fires. We will need to provide firewood since this is a pay campsite that doesn't let you chainsaw/scavenge in the area. I am going to throw some firewood in the back of the jeep myself, I know Lou will as well. It doesn't need to be a truckload, if we can spread it out across all the rigs # of pieces per rig decreases with each rig that brings wood.

Any volunteers?

As for Toostinky's inquiry:
I think for the Steves loop on saturday, 31s and a locker is fine. Sunday on bronco is Do-able, do you have sliders, skids and decent steering?

Steve's loop is do-able on 31's open/open. And bronco can be done, but you'll want armor. Rock sliders and gas tank skid at the least. With a rear locker you'll get through it for sure.

Also,

Who can throw a couple pieces or more of Firewood in their rig? if we had 10 or more rigs each bring like 3-5 pieces, we would probably be ok for at least the first 2 nights, if not all three....
We will be camped Fri-mon, so 3 nights of fires. We will need to provide firewood since this is a pay campsite that doesn't let you chainsaw/scavenge in the area. I am going to throw some firewood in the back of the jeep myself, I know Lou will as well. It doesn't need to be a truckload, if we can spread it out across all the rigs # of pieces per rig decreases with each rig that brings wood.

Any volunteers?

Good call on firewood. If everyone brings at least a little we should be fine. If you don't have any at the house, a $5 bundle from the store will work. They might have bundles for sale at the campground, but bringing your own is probably cheaper.

Good call on firewood. If everyone brings at least a little we should be fine. If you don't have any at the house, a $5 bundle from the store will work. They might have bundles for sale at the campground, but bringing your own is probably cheaper.

exactly what I am thinking.

I want to say that panda made it last year through bronco open open 31s and no armor. He made it through somehow without body damage. It was awesome to see. I also think that Sam made it last year or the year before on 31s.

Back