• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5th Annual Country Fried Weekend, Jan 18, 19, & 20th.

stumpXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys, the time is near. Country Fried Weekend is coming up VERY soon, and I wanted to extend this invitation to all of the SEC NAXJA brothers and sisters. For those of you who have never attended, its an event not to be missed. You will not see any other event with so many different vehicles, build levels, experience levels and FOOD than this one. I GUARANTEE you will have a blast, or your money back (the event is free...btw.)

Take a few minutes to look at the main thread here on the Expedition Portal, and let me know if you have any specific questions. This is the 5th year we have done this, and myself and a few others always head up the event. Last year we had over 60 folks, and this year over 100 have said they are coming.

In a nutshell:

Friday - is a do as you please day, hangout, ride the forest service trails, hit a few more challenging trails, go for a horseback ride, whatever.

Saturday - morning trail rides usually leave around 8-9pm, and will have several different groups doing different types of trails (nothing hardcore, but very scenic and a few challenges). We TRY to have everyone back at camp by 4pm or so to start the HUGE potluck style FEAST. Every type of food, desert, drink imaginable will be here. All who attend are encouraged to provide an item for the menu.

Sunday, pack up and go home at your leisure.

A few of us will be there on Thursday as well, just to get started early.

We are having it this year at Springer Mountain Campground (its a horse ranch, and they offer horseback rides if you are so inclined.) The fee for the campground is $5, per person, per night. Limited hookups available. You can sleep under the stars, in your vehicle, in a tent, in a roof top tent, in a popup, in a camper...it doesnt matter.

Check out the main thread on EXPO for more details: (you may have to sign up, but its a cool forum)

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...try-Fried-Weekend-2013-sign-up-and-discussion

Hope some of you guys can make it, its very family oriented. Responsible alcohol consumption is allowed. Electronic music (radios) is frowned upon, however if you can pick a guitar or something similar, your skills will most certainly be welcomed. We have a HUGE community fire, and LOTS of storys are told. Come on out, you wont be disappointed.

Here are a few slideshows from past CFW's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S16vxbpEEqE&feature=share&list=UU-gpVIdoKvzqW3LHhv2gvoQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsQ9IoNxXAU&feature=share&list=UU-gpVIdoKvzqW3LHhv2gvoQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gKrjVGM-pI&feature=share&list=UU-gpVIdoKvzqW3LHhv2gvo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krd0qtLqPjM&feature=share&list=UU-gpVIdoKvzqW3LHhv2gvoQ

Last edited:
Man I hate to say I am going to miss this opportunity once again. I start the academy on the 22nd and can't risk that long of a trip with currently my only driving vehicle. I hope y'all have a good time, I'll make it eventually.

I'd love to do this but Moab is gonna take all my extra money for long trips this year.

I hate to miss this yet again ,but my K.O.H preparations will take every last minute between now and Jan 31.

They have yet to be started...

Neither of our Jeeps are ready either. Floyd has a busted stub and no glass or hatch still and Betty's T-case is in 100 pieces laying on my work bench. Fortunately I did get the new case torn down, cleaned, and then clearanced the inside for the Tera Low gears. Now just need to was it out really good and finish cleaning it so I can put it all together and slap it in. I should have it together in a few days.

Yeah, we have a lot of work left to do. Except for this past weekend, I've been in Atlanta working on the bus for the past 3 week ends.

Dragging this back up, this weekend is quickly approaching. Hope some of my NAXJA family can make it out to play in the woods with us. Gonna be a blast!

Check the links in the original thread at the top for more info, or ask questions here.

~ Stump

Dragging this back up, this weekend is quickly approaching. Hope some of my NAXJA family can make it out to play in the woods with us. Gonna be a blast!

Check the links in the original thread at the top for more info, or ask questions here.

~ Stump

I have a Jeep to finish putting together. We'll see what happens. It's on the calendar pending not having to work...

It'd be nice if this weather holds out since I still don't have any source of electricity other than a loud generator.

Yeah... generators are seriously frowned upon. I wouldnt recommend running one. :)

Yeah, I figured as much.

As long as the weather holds out like it is now I don't really think heat will be needed.

Is there any sort of small propane powered heater that could be run inside or is that an insane idea. I have buddies that run propane buddy heaters in their tents.

I've done several dozen times without issue. you should have a co2 detector in there anyway. I have one. .

I don't any gas operated items in the camper so no CO2.

The fridge was already gone and I took the stove out because I have a gas stove that I use outside. So, I just nixed the gas system for the time being.

I figured I'd set the heater in the cubby that the fridge used to sit in. That should give it enough ventilation at the huge grille that was behind the fridge.

If I can work out keeping the kiddos and wife warm I think I can actually make it.

What time are you guys heading out there?

Back