• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

55 Hours Later

looks great! Next time you are in the area feel free to stop on by my place and I'll let you paint mine:)

Clean work on blending the rear flares!

Post up the new ones mang! I'll do it for ya :D

l_880c83ef6679492fb8ded42b483fcfbe.jpg

l_0d21524515054eec9712baf7b63a10f4.jpg

l_57db6d8533bd4e2991581f03b8a51e9f.jpg

Haha thanks Jim, guess that means ya like it. It does sit a little higher in the rear like around a half inch. Ive got the rebound valved to stiff in the rear but Im just gonna live with it the rest of the season and change my valving this winter. Since I had 2 valve recommendations I did the front one thing and the rears a different to see which I liked better so I knew what to stick with. Otherwise I was afraid of having one thing on all 4 and sending them in to be changed over to see if the other valving was better and them turn out terrible and have to spend 200 to get them back how they started. Since the back half of my Jeep is gutted and fiberglass and dont weigh much of anything the shock actually almost works as an air shock. Over the winter Im probably going 70/40 in the rear. Foxs dumbass told me 50/70 and I hate hate hate it. Now the front on the other hand is Downsouth Motorsports as well as a couple of tried and tested members suggestion and went with 70/50 and I love it, it swallows up anything I throw at it, even being a 6 foot mistaken jump and I wasnt expecting. Winter hopes are probably going to be changing the rear shocks from a 10" to a 8.5" like the front and go with the 70/40 or 60/40 valving and then go from 6 to 4.5 springs, strap the rear, get prothane bumps for all 4 corners and then my Jeep will be done for a couple of years other than small things because I gotta get my student loans paid down

Last edited:
Since the back half of my Jeep is gutted and fiberglass and dont weigh much of anything the shock actually almost works as an air shock.

i have the same issues, the rear of my XJ is so light that on the street the shocks are rock hard. once i get out in the dirt and start beating on em they are perfect tho. i think i might soften them up just a bit.

Even through whoops at 65 mine are to stiff on rebound and it starts buckin. Right now its at 70 on rebound and 50 on comp. I only have 3" up in the rear so Im thinkin the 70 comp would be stiff enough to hold up off the bumps through dips and the 40 rebound would soak up pretty good

I emailed and didnt hear back in time so I had some cut. I want the real ones to put across the doors and quarters but they havent saoid anything back yet about getting a couple out here

Last edited:
Yeah haha well the best in the desert decals are actual best in the desert decals, and one is a BITD Pit Pass from last year

Last edited:
oh duh i knew that. i gotta work on the lake this weekend. is there one in french lick too in october or something?

THats the Jeep jamboree not the 4 wheel parts jamboree. The Jeep Jamboree is like 250 a person!

So winter has set in so that means its build season again. Im throwing in my beefed up D30 with the relocated lower mount to the LCA mount. Ive been bottoming out the rear with ease on the small stuff because the rebound is to heavy for what little uptravel I have and the front has 8.5s that wont be long enough, So Im moving my rear 10s up front and doing the 70/50 with flutter and moving my 8.5s out back with new lower mounts and going with around a 70/40 valving with flutter. I have a question to throw out. Has anyone ever 2 linked the rear of a XJ? Im thinkin about it so I can get the travel I need without having my rear mounts hangin way down plus to get the shocks stood up for so extra stability. Any thoughts?

Linking from the top of the leaf plate to a mount beside the front spring mount and mounting the shock in the middle of that link up to hoop, which in my case would be outside the Jeep on a hoop in the front of the rear wheelwell

you would need to have some longitudal(telescoping?) movement in the link, otherwise your spring would not be able to flatten out. Why not just go through the cab, or get some real stiff shocks and mount them at a steep angle on a shock hoop like cross enterprises/JKS etc if you don't want to do that?

I would do through floor but I dont have the money to do it the way I would wanna do it. Ive been looking into the JKS but I hate to revalve and revalve to get it to rebound and comp good and not have a crap ton of body roll but i will say Ive been looking into it. Heres what I mean about the whole 2 link deal...

pic18.jpg

Back