• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5-90 Battery Cables

I won a set of 5-90's battery cables at the 2005 Fall Fling.

I kick myself all the time for never collecting them. :doh:

Mtb Jak said:
My dad told me I need to get a "distrubution block" or something...

Listen to your Dad.

Quick-n-easy way. Take a look at eric's XJ site in the link 3-4 posts previous. Read all the parts of this tech article and he has a photo of a marine battery wityh extra terminals. You can use one of these to hook up all the various lo-mid draw add-ons. Just remember to also install circuit protection for the lights, boom box, fog horns whatever.

Seperate distribution box is available from nwpowerproducts in OR, I'm at work and don't have all my reference stuff available, so just do a search on the web. This will give you an idea to get started.

Mtb Jak said:
where do i send the paypal??? :)

i need to replace these stock ones and figure out a setup that doesnt make me put my hellas, reverse lights, cb and 12volt all onto the post off the battery.

My dad told me I need to get a "distrubution block" or something...

any input?? (sorry for the hijackkk) been putting this off since the fall.

I've since added two styles of distribution post - you'll want my P/N "POST-1." It's a surface-mount post that has a central 3/8" feeder post (from your battery) and a ring of eight #8 distribution posts (for accessories.) All metal is stainless, and it's rated for 160A total distribution load.

The other - "POST-2" - is for running high current through the firewall - like adding batteries in the cargo area, or running high-current accessories. It's a safer option than just punching a hole and running a cable through, since it's a rigid mount.

Questions? Ping me at JeepI6Power AT yahoo DOT com, and I'll answer them for you.

Since we have all the cable making stuff at work I decided to make my own. Double crimped ends heatshrinked, i can't remember the exact size of the main ground and power wire but it looks like garen hose. The only way it was worth it for me to make them was I got the stuff for free, and I made it while we were slow at work. If I stayed late or had to pay for all the stuff it would not have been worth it. Buy 5-90s stuff lol.

you can kind of see them here
IMG_0018.jpg

BlueCuda said:
Since we have all the cable making stuff at work I decided to make my own. Double crimped ends heatshrinked, i can't remember the exact size of the main ground and power wire but it looks like garen hose. The only way it was worth it for me to make them was I got the stuff for free, and I made it while we were slow at work. If I stayed late or had to pay for all the stuff it would not have been worth it. Buy 5-90s stuff lol.

you can kind of see them here
IMG_0018.jpg

I assume you just left the battery hold-down off for pictorial purposes....:shhh:

Ummm its held down at the bottom :gee: lol I figured I would get some shit for that.

I managed to lose the stock one somehow so I need to craft something up to hold that thing down before I weld it to my hood.

Boatwrench said:
Listen to your Dad.

Quick-n-easy way. Take a look at eric's XJ site in the link 3-4 posts previous. Read all the parts of this tech article and he has a photo of a marine battery wityh extra terminals. You can use one of these to hook up all the various lo-mid draw add-ons. Just remember to also install circuit protection for the lights, boom box, fog horns whatever.

Seperate distribution box is available from nwpowerproducts in OR, I'm at work and don't have all my reference stuff available, so just do a search on the web. This will give you an idea to get started.
Yeah, that extra crap was stuff I added long ago (cb, IPF lights) before I put in a separate auxiliary fuse block inside the cab. A separate fuse block is always the best way to go, but the aux posts on the Blue Optima did come in handy. :)

I was thinking something more permanent, but bungee is looking better and better.

Back