• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4" lift with just chevy shocks?????

TNT said:
Thats what you think... Plain gas shocks don't but Nivomat shocks are totally different animal....

Would I use them for lift? No.

Would they provide some lift? Yes, the mounts better be real strong thou.

Looking at it the first time, I didn't even think about load leveling shocks. I have seen people use HD air shocks to add lift, just not these. Either way, they may lift the Jeep, but neither would be a good idea.

I would think since they are designed to help support the load, not carry it, it wouldn't be a great idea to use these to provide lift.

Air shocks are built on the principle of load leveling as well. Like MudDawg mentioned about them, if one fails, you are in an interesting situation!

bcsavage said:
Me - [FONT=Arial, Verdana]you are an idiot! Shocks don't provide lift, they provide a dampening force. Anyone you con into buying these thinking it will lift their jeep is obviously dumber than you are and I feel sorry for them.

Seller -
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Look punk read the description. You want proof do it yourself, Go find 2000 + TAHOE REAR shocks Compress them and put the on and see for yourself. NOW how long will the lift last not sure but my buddies jeep has been lifted now for over 8 months with four of the shocks alone. By the way you need alot of force to compress these enough to install. Try it with some 2000 and up tahoe REAR Shocks ONLY. Your a dip-poop, do yourself a favor and just try it to prove me wrong rearend hole.

Me -
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Ha. Quite the bitter little rooster sucker aren't you? I wouldn't afro-engineer my rig like you would, I like to be able to make it home not have to call a tow-truck. Love your grammar and language skills, did your hill-billy trailer-park living mother teach you that or was it the hooker your truck driving father got you when you were 13?

Seller -
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Yes using these is definetley a Hill billy way of lifting a jeep and NO I wouldnt use these on my personal XJ. But I do not have time to go back and forth with you and frankly I really dont give a big brown turd what you think about if this would work or not. In short unless you try it (just put some on the rear of and XJ and see) you will never believe it.
[/FONT]

I had the same problem with the sellers smart mouth too, to bad he lives in VA...

TNT:
How hard of a ride would these be on our XJ's since they are meant for the bigger chevy's and vans?

selarep said:
I had the same problem with the sellers smart mouth too, to bad he lives in VA...

I am in Va and would love show this Dumb @ss up. If you notice he is also from a city that the locals refer to as DUMBfries. They are all morons up there. (Sorry to offend anyone else but its like being from West Virginia. It only takes a couple of you guys to sleep with your sisters :gag: and now the whole state is known for it.)

VAwheeler said:
They are all morons up there. (Sorry to offend anyone else but its like being from West Virginia. It only takes a couple of you guys to sleep with your sisters :gag: and now the whole state is known for it.)

ROFL!!!!!

Back