• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 Cylinder XJ's???????

_dallas_

NAXJA Forum User
How many folks run a 4 cyl XJ? How are they are up in the mountains?

Looking at picking up an 89' 4 door with 33's and stock gearing and just wondering if the thing is going to move under it's own power.

i had 2 '86's on 33x12.50's....4 bangers....they come with the 4:10's....driving TO the trail absolutle sucked....they were dogs...but in 4 low i managed to run eagle/saran wrap/baldy/captain jacks.....
basically they are gutless wonders but 4 low makes it happen

if your alkin abou the brown 89 on craigslist with the spare tires....dont buy it...lol....it has.....uh....history lol....

haha...that jeep should be the one i "had" for about 2 months....
the motor leaks....there is JBWeld on the cracked valve cover....
it gets hot and then wont start....
the tracbar has been welded multiple times cuz it broke repeatedly...doors and hatch are on half ass because they were removed....then put back on....

ha no anything is worth 300......
im just saying...there are some issues with it lol...

i sold it for a grand :)

haha...that jeep should be the one i "had" for about 2 months....
the motor leaks....there is JBWeld on the cracked valve cover....
it gets hot and then wont start....
the tracbar has been welded multiple times cuz it broke repeatedly...doors and hatch are on half ass because they were removed....then put back on....

All that and he still wants to go look at it.

I have a great piece of swampland you might be interested in............:twak:

lol i just had to be honest....that was my second jeep...i made it up those trails...noone said it was easy....i beat the PISS out of that jeep...
but its whatev

Dont buy it unless your planning on trailering it everywhere or swapping the engine out of it!
Sounds like he's capable of both, and not encumbered by emission testing.

A clear title and enough torque at the crankshaft to break parts: Now that is a hobby just waiting to happen!

Sounds like he's capable of both, and not encumbered by emission testing.

A clear title and enough torque at the crankshaft to break parts: Now that is a hobby just waiting to happen!
I am capable of many things. I have some crazy/somewhat evil plans for this Jeep project. My only requirement is to keep the passenger compartment mostly in tact or else my wife will never wheel with me.

Keep all body parts inside the cage until the vehicle comes to a complete stop..............

Back