• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4" Coils - What rate/brand? (PAC?)

notamos

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to drop my XJ down a couple of inches & need a 4" coil (actual 4", not a 4" advertised that gives me 5.5).

I was looking @ Pac 4" coils (progressive) & they have a 165lb, 200lb and a 250lb.

My XJ is fairly light. It has the usual goodies up front (long arms, frame stiffeners, trackbar/bracket, etc.) and a Rigidco front bumper (45lbs or so). No winch as the winch is kept in the cargo area (inside). This is a daily driver & used for exploring/hunting/regular CO "stuff". No rock crawling.

I'm torn between the 165 and 200 springs. Thoughts?

How about another 4" coil that will actually give 4" of quality ride? Or perhaps a SLIGHTLY shorter coil w/ a spacer?

-NA

IIRC, Pac springs run true to size. I'd go with the 200

I have the 4" 250's and think they are pretty decent. The 200 will probably be ok, but I wouldn't go any softer than that.

I love my 250 lb PAC progressives in the 6" flavor

Anyone know any dealers that stock PAC springs? Summit keeps bumping their estimated delivery dates back, so does Jegs. I called PAC & they tell me they are a month behind. Ugh.

You can try Alltech motorsports, but they probably only stock the coilover springs.

JEGs and wait!

Ugh, ok. Ordered a month ago and the date keeps getting longer. PAC says they are out and still "need to coil new ones".

Oh well, I have other projects until then.

Tell me about it. I ordered a set of 200-lb. 4" on Jan 31, got a ship date of Feb 25. Okay, 3 weeks, no biggie. Then on March 9, it got pushed back to April 9. Now today I get an email that it will be June 14. Supposed to ship directly from PAC, so I can't really blame Jegs for just being the messenger.

:bs:

Have you looked into tj coils? You just have to order 1" higher to get the desired lift

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Synergy coils, if you can/are willing to cancel the PAC spring order.
I usually deal with Mike James, if you call and talk to him tell him you are a member of Naxja. Should get some kind of deal.

Well, I've waited this long, I guess I can wait a little longer. The only reason I'm even going to a longer coil is because I have 3" OME with about 2" on the ACOS and they get close to falling out at full flex. That and I'm on 35s now.

I've been checking in w/ PAC every 1-2 weeks just to see where things are on their coil list. Usually, they give me a day (ie "they are on the schedule for next Weds"). Well, today's call didn't go so hot. I was told they're moving equipment around & they don't expect them to be done for ~2 months. Ugh. These things better be worth the f'n wait. :rattle:

How much lift did you get out of your Synergy 4.5s? Ride quality?

Update on the PAC Coils: Supposedly (I'll believe when I receive them) they coiled these springs last week & expect them to go out in the next week. Apparently, there was an issue w/ the small "pigtail" at the top of the coil - not keeping the coil centered on the tower which ultimately allowed the coil to hit the shock. They had some issues getting this pigtail uniform on the new coils. Per their tech support - this issue was resolved & they should be at my door sometime soon.

I ordered PAC 4" 250lb springs from Jegs in late May and I just got them last week. Seems like they are back to shipping stuff.

Back