• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.7L WJ throttle body adapter

What did you do about the map sensor? The adapter plate and TB do not have a provision for the map sensor?

My memory is a little fuzzy but I'm pretty sure that on mine the big 3/8" vacuum port on the corner isn't for the MAP. At least on the 4.7 it's not used for that. On the 4.7 the MAP is connected to the front of the intake manifold itself and that port is used as a significant vacuum source for the brake booster. I will say this - when I had my MAP connected to that port via a stack of adapters (They don't make a single reducer that works) the MAP sensitivity was really poor due to line latency. Sensors like that need to have the smallest possible air volume in the line connecting them to the source - smallest diameter, shortest line length possible.

For the MAP sensor port, I drilled a 8-32" hole in WJ TB side. The flat side in towards engine, above the base. Using DU-BRO products Cat. No.363 8-32" tap and drill set. 8-32" equals a # 29 drill bit. Also a Cat. No. 539 8-32 pressure fitting, with silicon tubing to the MAP sensor. It's a start, and it should work. I've more to do, so later.

xlrexj register. Finishing the TB mod this weekend, a popular 2 part epoxy will work, as I've no welding skill to date. Too be continued. TBC.

Last edited:
I finally got around to installing the 68mm 4.7l TB and I love the mid-toprange pull! I had the fastman 62mm tb with half-shaft and k&n fipk tube with Amsoil eaau3090 filter on previously. The ID of the fipk at the tb is 2.25", so was the main bottleneck in the setup. I bought a 3.25"-3.5" "jdm" silicone 90* for $16, a $38 AEM/Mopar 3.5" cone filter, a maneuverable, 90* 4" ID aluminum dryer vent from Lowes for $4, and also two 4" worm clamps for $3. I left the 65mm bottleneck above the plate in. Somewhere down the line I might get it opened to 70mm. Thumbs up for strokers. 3" v-bands on the way to modify the NOS Clifford header I picked up. Breathe baby!
0608bdbf0acda15149c45be6d77e0d07.jpg

PS: I'll be installing valve cover breather filters and moving the map to the tb port.

Last edited:
I used the WJ's TPS and IAC and it work's well(took a few starts for the PCM to re-learn).

Back