• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.56's, No-Slip locker, in an xj 8.25...If you have this combo, please read this!!

Re: 4.56's, No-Slip locker, in an xj 8.25...If you have this combo, please read this!!

RCP Phx said:
The key here is trying to properly index the ring gear "first",so that the pin lies between 2 teeth.Then you shouldnt need to grind the ring gear teeth much at all(and only at the top of the toe).
already did that when I set up the gears.....but, the angled sweep of the teeth kind of takes some of the advantage away.

jfxj75 said:
Yes, I have all of the correct parts, but I think that I shaved enough off of the pin to cause excessive clearance on the driver's side, which is what is causing the locker to malfunction.

Ok when you grind the pin to fit past the ring gear you have to grind 90* from the bolt hole.. do not grind along the hole... So the pin slides in and rotates 90 deg and hold the shafts in place.. You may have ground the wrond side of the pin, I have once before... best of luck...

Clean-RC said:
Ok when you grind the pin to fit past the ring gear you have to grind 90* from the bolt hole.. do not grind along the hole... So the pin slides in and rotates 90 deg and hold the shafts in place.. You may have ground the wrond side of the pin, I have once before... best of luck...
Idea..... what if I flipped the pin over and drilled a new hole, in the correct position, on the side of the pin that originally didn't have a hole? Of course all the while making sure the pin stayed cool! BTW, thanx for the info. Much appreciated!!

jfxj75 said:
Idea..... what if I flipped the pin over and drilled a new hole, in the correct position, on the side of the pin that originally didn't have a hole? Of course all the while making sure the pin stayed cool! BTW, thanx for the info. Much appreciated!!

You will crack the pin if you try to drill another hole in the pin... good luck..

Back