• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0L hp output?

Joe R.

NAXJA Forum User
I am building an engine in school and was wondering what the power would be that it could produce. It is bored .030 with a new stock cam, valves and guides all done... Head is also shaved... I will most likely be running a borla header and full exhaust... The engine is a 93. Thanks for the input.
~Joe~

i have a 91 block bored .030 over, borla headers, carsound cat, flowmaster, 2001 intake, 19lb injectors, tb spacer, bored tb, k&n cone, and it really doesnt seem too much faster. i should have done the stroker.

getting good gas mileage?
Thanks for the reply
~Joe~

redyouch said:
i have a 91 block bored .030 over, borla headers, carsound cat, flowmaster, 2001 intake, 19lb injectors, tb spacer, bored tb, k&n cone, and it really doesnt seem too much faster. i should have done the stroker.

Sounds like you have other issues; you should have noticed a big difference. What's the actual rating of your 19lb injectors? How is your compression in the block?

thats what i would have thought... :confused1

redyouch said:

I think the problem is that your injectors (if they really are Ford 19lb items) are too small and your engine's running too lean. Try a set of 24lb'ers and then you'll see a difference. If your engine then runs a bit rich, you can correct that Dino-style with a homebrew MAP adjuster.

redyouch said:

What cam did you install?

redyouch - Go to HO injectors or add an adjustable MAP and richen that thing up. My renix 4.0 setup was similar and I made 189 rear wheel HP (230 crankshaft) by uping the fuel pressure - (to 48#) or turning the adjustable MAP to about 5.7 volts.

Back